Yo-folio>> Updated

Not sure why that is, I’ll look into it.

slight update, still lots of tweaks to make… but I think I like this one best.

Looks good, my only suggestion is keep the menu consistent I notice the colors and rollovers change once you go to another page.

The grey text and bg blends in a bit much with the home page secondary menu…

Just my 2 cents.

Yes, lots of little things to fix on colors and alignment…

Already a successful and established designer aceepting feedback with such humbleness. If anyone can have 5% of such attitude then they will be hugely successful.
Keep Inspiring.

Thanks. I don’t always accept the feedback so easily, but all we can do is try right?

Alignment and color matchin issues are frustratinge at the moment… This is what I get for working on this in between things in little bits I guess.

Do you mean for your page title to simply say “DESIGN”?

I figured you might have missed that since you have your landing site jump from michaelditullo.com to michal…com/design/design.html

Alignment looks fine I think, the only color issue I see is the secondary menu on the home page, if you changed the rollover from orange to white I think you’re golden. Overall good improvement from before I think. I would look into Cufon if you want you use Helvetica Neue otherwise the text shows up choppy.

Thanks Kershaw. What is Cufon? Just another font? Renders really well in Safari, what are you viewing it with? I will check it out on some other browsers.

Fixed some of the color matching… finally updated my bio to say I work at frog (oops, missed that last time!!!) Added some new content in the Converse section, changed the thumbnail galleries to be a bit more like the main page… trying to figure out how to crop thumbnails in iWeb so it really looks like the main page 4x2 graphic of square cropped images.

Yeah thats the problem with cross browser stuff, its a pain in the…

I’m on Chrome but it reads the same for all but Safari I would assume because the Helvetica is a native Mac font…

You can always check out BrowserLab https://browserlab.adobe.com. Its a pretty cool web app that Adobe has put together to plug in your website and see it the way it shows up on other browsers.

Cufon can be found here: cufón - fonts for the people

Its basically a font generator that takes a specialized font not typically found on a website and converts it to JS so that it reads and acts as text, but displays whatever font you upload. Pretty simple to use, and install, if you need help just shout.

Here are some pretty cool examples to show you how its used http://spyrestudios.com/cufon-font-replacement/

I uploaded the deck I presented at The San Francisco Pecha Kucha last month if you would like it. 3.5 MD PDF:

http://michaelditullo.com/articles/MD_PK.pdf

It has been awhile since I did an update. Not a major overhaul, but a little remix: http://www.michaelditullo.com
Still a few glitches and jumps to work out… I want to swap out the Icon CJ3b image to one that is more dynamic.

I’m really liking the updated “Footwear” menu page. A lot more dynamic. I’m probably going to do this with the “Transportation” page as a few more Icon vehicles are coming out soon, as well as with products as products launch over the next 12 months for the brands I work for now.

Also added the new branding we did for our audio companies.

Yo-
I dig the new layout! Larger images are always nice when you’re showing off content like a portfolio. The navigation system works pretty well, but I think you could improve it with a few small tweaks:

1. Create a more definite visual separation between the different menu levels, otherwise it almost looks like the categories are ‘about hardgoods’ and ‘portfolio footwear’. Eventually the user would work it out but there are a few seconds of confusion.
  2. It would also be nice if your menu selections highlight in some way so you know where you are. So, for example, if I’m looking at your designs of Nike footwear, ‘Nike’ and ‘Footwear’ would be highlighted.
  3. Some areas are inconsistant with the rest of the gallery display styles. The transportation section is a continuous scrolling gallery while the footwear is set up with a menu system.
  4. The click boxes for the menu are sometimes on the words and sometimes the whole box, is there some way to make it one or the other?

Sorry, I got super OCD on you! I just pay attention to this kind of stuff so I thought it could help. It looks like other people have made comments on the interface before, but not on the new version yet, I assume. Killer work, as always. I wish I had your portfolio!

-Jakebot

EDIT: just realized you already said you were going to apply the ‘footwear’ navigation to the ‘transportation’ section. Ignore #3 :slight_smile:

Yes, lots of little things… iWeb is a little annoying with some of the highlighting issues. It is not applying the highlight consistently. Also, for some reason some of the hyper links die in the export, for example, the outsoles are clickable in iWeb, but I can’t seem to get that to stick in the HTML export.

Good call on the sub menus, a little nudge down will help. At some point I’ll need to pay someone to take this to the next level for me. iWeb has issues with snapping to objects, and all the little alignment jumps kill me… at least it is an easy program to use.

Well, I haven’t even taken the time to make something other than a Coroflot portfolio, so I applaud your efforts! Messing with web design can be frustrating at the best of times. I had some luck in the past modifying templates from Behance Pro Site, but at the end of the day Coroflot was just as good and had better visibility. One day I’ll have an awesome custom website…

Hello Michael

Your website is looking better, big improvements from the earlier website !

Few feedback I would like to share

1. As spoken earlier by Jakebot, some distinction of the title row and category would be best !
    Probably you could use a saturation/hues of one colour for the top row which is about, portfolio… just to distinguish the first and second row are not connected.
  2. For the Handgoods page, each project has one image, but the Women Razor project have 4 images.
    Maybe you can compile all four images in one image to make a constant template across the page.
    But the multiple images on the Converse page, goes with the flow.
  3. On your About page, the sublinks of Philosophy, Resume… are not working when the mouse is on top of the words. The link is able to work when the underline comes and is only working when clicked on the underline. First I thought the links were disabled.
  4. When I am on the picture page. The options like Back to album and Download are too close to the title bar and I’m not able to click them. (guessing its a browser issue)
  5. Maybe you could have one separate page on Sketching or Skills, to show your various techniques like ballpen, colour pencils, markers, digital renderings etc…Just to show the variety you use and have worked upon! Will be inspiring ! (but definitely it can be seen across all projects)

All the best
Jaineel

Are you having the site done by a non-Industrial Designer? Perhaps getting someone with stronger interaction design skills will helps to animate the narrative a little more. I know it’s not as nice to be doing it on your own, but it does help to leverage expertise from other disciplines. At your level, unprecedented should be the presentation. 'Just a thought.

Mr. D2O… I PM’d you.

I haven’t it is really more of a toy at this point in time. At some point when it becomes more critical, I’ll have it professionally done. Right now it is more of a presence and an opportunity to play around. Changed the format again :wink: This one loads a little slow. I need to figure that out. I wanted to move it away from a skill based thing and be more centered around a brief about, timeline, and how to contact/follow me on other social platforms.