NEW KICKS :: latest purchase

and now for something completely different…

Purchased in Shanghai at the LiNing flagship store, mostly for inclusion into the technology library. Lots of EVA tricks incorporated, airflow textures inside, stress bearing plastic parts, interesting flex zoning of the EVA. Figured I might not have a lot of chances to buy them while in the product cycle, 199 rmb each pair, 50% of the marked price of 399.

On the foot, my impression is, not ugly, not uncomfortable, but not sure where I would wear them.

1 Like

I’ve been curious about these shoes for quite some time. Do they feel durable? Could they last as long as normal basketball shoes? And does the inner feel like it would cause chaffing?

The feel is good, seem durable, seem supporting. It seemed a little bit harder foam than I expected, but not uncomfortable. Shore O durometer tester here reads 55. Time would tell about where the weak spots are, but they seem monolithic and without any glaring flaws.

It seems like all the asian shoe markets tend to default into using hearingbone patterns on all their outsoles. I know LiNing and Anta seem to be doing this on almost everything…

Any reason for this? Thoughts?

I don;t understand why they have the inscribed style lines of shoes made of sewn leather and mesh?

Reminds me of how vinyl home siding tries to look like wood.

Was given a pair of these DZR Strasse shoes for review at Interbike last week- a really nice looking urban shoe, especially compared to all of the simple canvas shoes out there. The herringbone fabric might stain quickly, but the soles seem reasonably stiff but are comfortable enough for walking around. I was surprised at the price- only $110… We’ll see how they ride.

New Balance internship, the perfect excuse to add to the collection.

I wonder if they’re just concerned that they’ll alienate the consumer if it doesn’t remind them of a more traditional shoe. Granted I would have liked to see a more progressive design given the manufacturing process, but I’m still interested in putting these through a few sessions of ball.

i tried on a few pairs of these at the portland store, was gonna buy a pair for reference but they didnt take amex :open_mouth: … and i dint want to get reimbursed! haha.

but they had 3 styles, bball, running, and trainer. they were euro sized (im assuming) since there were gaps in the size run so fit was iffy, the cross trainer was on a different last with more of a pointed toe so those fit me well. Very light but hard to tell how good they would be over long periods of time, i think the running ones might have potential isnce they are so light, but just seemed like novelty to me, couldnt picture myself wearing them, but they did have some cool design and form to them.

I dont post on here much since i never actually ‘purchase’ my shoes, i always wear sample pairs :sunglasses:

but anyways, here are some nice ones i picked up while i was in LA, italian made, thought they were pretty dope.

Converse x John Varvatos wingtips… brown with white sole. Gilt Groupe is a wallet drainer…

Next up: Black Jordan six rings winterized boot… can’t wait for those, they are looking slick on all the sneaker blogs!..

Hit the employee store this week while I was up in Portland…

Anodized Air Jordan 1’s (had to!)
Air Max 90 (duh)
Free 3.0s
and a couple of pairs for the lady.

can’t help but think that a hybrid of those jordans and the delorean dunks would be killer

Some Aldos (first time in Aldo) from Black Friday. $40.

I bought these here in Hong Kong…they´re amazingly confortable…and the design is amazing too.

I bought these here in Hong Kong…they´re amazingly confortable…and the design is amazing too.

I was really liking the modern, techy appearance of those hyperfuses too untill I picked them up in a shop - then their lightweight synthetic-ness creeped me out in a not-too-durable /cheap sort of way. Oh well, I suppose it is more a performance shoe than one for the streets. (they still look great in photos though!)

digging these a lot

HK Puma’s

IMO these are the greatest shoes ever, Air Griffey Max 3 (1998). I had these when I was a kid and just tracked them back down in my size. So excited. (sorry for dark photo)
3's.jpg