1HDC 08.03 - Kick-Ass Speaker Submissions!

Here’s what I could churn out. The sketches with color are the “chosen” ones, but if I have to choose one It would have to be ‘HEX’. I tried to stay away from cubes and spheres because they seem too prevalent. I decided to take inspiration from 1950’s radios/microphones, old record players and for a different twist Starwars and the hexagon shape, which I think brings a unique geometric shape to this product.
These are all small thumbnail sketches done on a note pad with black pen, then scanned with quick Photoshop color on top (gotta love that Multiply filter!) and a few web images slapped in for texture/finish reference. This was a great little exercise in form and making foam models of these would be a lot of fun.

another quick hack, 5 min sketch, 40 min CAD, 15 min Bunkspeed

SlabSpeaker

by eyal

sketches hopefully show the flexibility of the modular speakers. could be just thrown together to create new sounds

combining the pc case and speakers to make an integrated media system
Features:
3.5mm audio ports
usb/firewire connections
ipod style clickwheel
lcd screeen - play mp3’s etc while pc is on standby

also raises monitor to a more ergonomic level

they’re speakers.
they’re hairy.

These sound system is both a set of 4 speakers and an ipod player. It can be set on the wall or left near the computer and plugged in through and USB drive. The design was meant to be minimal and elegant, giving the bes sound quality.

Modeling time and rendering 45 min. Editing 10. Software used: Rhino4,V-ray,Photoshop

speakers that play quality American folk and zydeco.

Didn’t have an hour for fancy rendering, hope the idea comes through. Thanks

gyrate - speakers with gyroscopic action

• elec. contacts concealed through ring pivots
  • articulates along two axes
  • weighted base
  • antiquated look for classic wooden desk

model developed in SolidWorks

Size 9x9x10 cm
Use of small earbud speakers and plastic.
It can have different colors besides white.

My concept

modeling in Solidworks
rendering in Photoworks
page in InDesign

Thinking about speakers and computers came to me that i always want to change from headphones to loudphones.
Just turn on the Speaker mode and up the volume!

This was fun! thanks.

Daniel Klajnberg
Shout out from Brazil.

Like a black hole, except the opposite, you feel?

EACH BOX IS A SPEAKER (MOTHER SPEAKER} TO WHICH U CAN ADD IN UR PLUG INS(WHICH HAVE IN BUILT SPEAKERS TOO) ACCORDINGLY FOR VOLUME, BASS OR TREBLE FORGET THE AUTO CONTROLS ,PLUG IN MANUALLY AND LISTEN TO UR FAVOURITES

‘Speak up Kitty’

Cat inspired speakers in an environment dominated by the mouse! The speakers are designed in the shape of a sleeping cat……just like a cat can cuddle up almost in any place, its very easy to place them near your workstation – they can also be hung on a nearby wall. When music flows through the speakers, the Kitty wakes up – eyes emit green-blue light.

Here come the Moon Speakers, they go around the desktop and beyond.

Had to tighten down the POP one…

Bourne & Veglar speaker

Dimension: 300 w x 25 l x 70 h mm
Aluminium casing with flat-panel speaker technology for maximum sound with minimum footprint.
Touch screen interface on top for adjustments (volume, etc.)

Not really sure where to post this -
gel wrist pad with integrated computer speakers + sub