Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

What’s the z4 joke? Am I missing something?

R

The new Supra is essentially a Z4 Coupe. Mechanically it is a complete carry over with some suspension and engine tuning tweaks. The interior is a complete carry over as well with just a logo swap on the steering wheel hub. So some people are joking calling it the Z4 Coupe. Or as I call it, the Z4 Coupra :slight_smile:

I saw that a mint last gen Supra went for $130k+ at auction this weekend.

Both are rare… but the 959 shows up more so the Turbo 2 had more of a crowd :slight_smile:

It is a funny event. I almost feel bad for all the Russ Hanneman types that come straight from the dealership with their McLarens (4 of them this week) and Porsche GT3s (7 of them this week). No body cares about their new hyper cars with the dealer tags still on. We are all too busy looking at a 35 year old French hatchback.

Ha! Serves them right. You can’t buy class…

This one was spotted in the entrance of my wife’s home in Taiwan. Just went out to buy some FamilyMart things and came across this…

The rest are some of the cars/vehicles I saw in Japan

Did not know, but Nissan has a concept store in Ginza/Tokyo and features its past and future :slight_smile:

dig that concept GTR!

One more for you, Richard

Wow! Lose the stupid wing, but love that surfacing and rocket lamps!

R

Thanks for posting steppenwolf! Fun to see some fresh stuff from outside the states!

You are welcome yo. My theory is that there are 2 things in existence, a) Japan and b) everything else known/unknown.

This week the North American Bugatti Club flew their cars in, I think for the La Jolla Concours next week. They descended on our local cars and coffee on Saturday!

That copper dash… wow.

Yah, dude, that instrument panel was stunning! It was creating so many lens flares it was hard to get a picture of it. All the little knurled knobs and levers and what not were so cool.

Just got back from a long trip including Portsmouth, London and Manchester and a dozen other cities in DE, FR and NE. Don’t remember which city it was, probably London, and I didn’t get an actual picture, please excuse the stock image, but I did see a Maserati Levante.

Maybe I’m old, but I believe I wept at the thought of a Maserati SUV. I’m guessing it doesn’t go 185 …

I believe you can rent them from National Car Rental. Now THAT’S sad.

Out of all of those insanely rare and highly-polished autos, the one that leaves me coldest is the McLaren. I know I know they are high tech and carbons and Formula Ones and all, and surfaced like a Rhino on FourLoko, but they never really seem that desirable. Could be the total lack of restraint which may be odd in a British car. Even seeing the F1 at the Petersen was just…OK.

There I said it. Those 3D machined wheels on the Porsche are insane. That light blue/gray Bugatti is a winner too. I like the one with wood as well. If anyone is in Seattle in late September the Center for Wooden Boats Festival is a must-see. Seeing highly polished wood next to super-deep fiberglass or painted wood surfaces glistening in the late summer sunlight is (to me) tremendously moving.

I don’t want to get my designer card revoked, but I’m with you on the McLaren’s Sean… I disagree on the F1, that I love, but the new stuff feels a bit too novelty.

My jaw was pretty much on the ground for everything else :slight_smile:

Supercars just bore me (as a middle class guy that can’t afford one). Mind you, I had the 911, Testarossa and Countach posters when I was a teen. There were basically three supercars when I was a teen, now there is at least 10. Moreover, Ferrari has gone from selling hundreds of cars to thousands. It makes it feel like they aren’t that difficult to build anymore.

On the design front too, many feel like a recipe now. There are no oddballs, which was what made them fun. That giant cheese grater on the side of the Testarossa or wedge shape of a Countach.

That reminds me, I love this thread because we are all taking note of the oddballs here!

In Chicago for the week doing some field research and spotted this badass machine

What the BMW 3 series used to look like. So nice and tidy.