Sketch-Fu: Men's Footwear

First ever post on Core77 Discussion Forum
Looking forward to contributing more on a frequent basis in the sketching related threads and for discussions in other threads.

Always open for constructive criticism, feedback and suggestions.

Fun sketch! Welcome, Gaurav!

One from a coffee shop the other day

Inspired by the latest Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% dropping later this week. Need to pick those up. I need all the help I can get in my marathon time now that Boston just changed BQ times…

R

A little bit tighter doodle…

R

Exploratory sketches of a sneaker I developed in 2015…

Here’s an Adidas Iniki runner. I’ve been digging the mix of new and retro on the shoe. I was thinking back at the old coretoons. I always liked his scruffy cell shaded / hard brush look.

Is it just me or is the “img” preventing people from posting images??? I have no idea how to use it.

hmmm. It works pretty similar to the old system. Once you click upload just make sure the little green check appears next image name, showing it is uploaded. The nice thing is you can upload a bunch of images at once, even from mobile.

click attachments and then add files

make sure that green check mark appears

select multiple files if you want

Thanks Michael the drag and drop works… Thought I would refresh the thread with a few Illustrator concepts…

Thanks for keeping it going. I need to throw down some stuff.

Had posted this on IG for a couple of weeks now. Do most of us here have an IG account? I love to share sketches but trying not to spam different venues with the same content. Will continue to do so until it hurts. :laughing:

Meantime, trying to step away from the usual lateral, straight on view and keep it fun!

Fun sketch Archie! I didn’t see that on InstaGram. The algorithm can really hide things from you and I’m getting a lot more advertisements there.

Quick sketch after a run. Lots of time to let the mind wander on these easy recovery run days…

R

#weakweekworkouts

love it!

First day back to work in the Studio and first workout of the new training plan. 8x 400m hill repeats + 4k WU and 4k CD and a doodle done before 9.30 am.

Thinking of hill specific training shoes with additional heel/toe drop and heel outriggers.

R

i remember reading some time ago that having a negative heel drop in shoes was beneficial for jumping, basically like constantly stretching the achilles, would this be along the same thinking?

anutha go around:

Quick doodle in between things…

Ade, you inspired me to do a time-lapse of an illustrator render… I think I’ll do a slower version with voice over on this, I’ll try to record it tomorrow or early next week.

Was thinking more of additional heel drop for the uphill to allow more ground contact for better push off and allowing the larger quad muscles to handle the load … wouldn’t really help going downhill though, but the heel outrigger does help in some stability as per trail shoes… Was not really thought out to be honest, just a doodle. :slight_smile:

R