Doodling

That’s a nice vid, MD!

Keeping up with an archl sketch too. Saw this archl tour show on Netflix and got inspired to sketch my take on one of the houses.

this is tight! #welldone!

Nice sketch, expressive but crisp!
Work in a bit more detail next time while keeping internal line weights low.

super hot Archie! Like +1

Recent scribbles

quick warm up before kicking off a new project today.

That’s intense form shading, Yo!!! :clap:

Nice sketch MD! I could also see it as a Volvo P1800 concept.

R

Thanks Richard! For sure. Love me some big glass hatches :slight_smile:

MD would you mind sharing a screenshot of what your layer structure looks like for that glass-backer?

ah, I flattened it at the end so I could manipulate the entire sketch using warp a little.

Basically something like this from bottom to top:

• Background
  • original line work (deleted)
  • core surface shading
  • upward facing surface highlights
  • core windows
  • window framework
  • window reflections
  • part lines and part line highlights and tail lights
  • tires and shadow
  • wheels

A couple of quick iPad warm ups today

video on that rx7 rough doodle

Been off the boards for like month and a half! Really busy but sketching almost every day… here some part of inktober!

Good stuff Rodrigo. I’m liking some of the line and form sensitivity I’m seeing in those hard side suitcases.

A coffee break doodle this morning. I’d love to see Honda return to a more product-like tech feeling language like they showed in a couple of their concepts over the past year. Here is a little CIVIC 3 door hatch derived from a squircle hatch window.

added a video:

Sketch demos last night down at New School of Architecture and Design and San Diego.

That conversation on BMW over in the transportation section got me thinking about BMW SUVs… I totally understand that they have to make SUVs, lots of them, but was thinking about what they might be like if they applied more traditional BMW design language elements. The first couple of X5s did this pretty well. Maybe they just thought they had to move on.

Thanks Yo! Wanted my linework to communicate as much as a doodle could reach :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not ID related but for me doodling is doodling… Although this took me some good 2 hs but really enjoyed and that’s the point :smiley:

A brief explanation: I wanted to close and tackle the last 6 prompts of Inktober in one piece so I came to this weird scenario when “After a tremendous jolt, a wormhole opened in middle of nowhere delivering as a gift of fate, some marching double cheese pizza slices, our mighty and stretchy spidey superhero and my favorite thunderbird ship!”

Some morning door handle doodles

I have always wanted to work on a door handle project! I guess it would be an easy side project to show process. Sketch, mockup, model, 3d print, render…