Re: What headphones do you use?

January 9th, 2019, 3:50 pm

jon_winebrenner
Coroflot: 44466
I got the JBL Headphones for Christmas. I hadn't used this style of headphones since the early 80s (yes, I'm that old). I got them because my Pixel 2 USB C connector sucks ass and can't hold a connector in it for more than a few minutes before it squirts it out like a slimy pumpkin seed.

I love the sound quality of the full over-ear headphone, but I hate the airtight seal it makes around my ears. I am finding that I'm glad that it is winter and I can wear a toque to allow for some air dissipation. Is this a JBL issue, or does it apply to any of the over-ear headphones that have a vinyl/leather pad?

Re: What headphones do you use?

January 9th, 2019, 4:30 pm

yo
Administration
Administration
Coroflot: 67242
Most have the same type of sealed nature. The seal is created by a combination of the materialism, usually some good foam or enemies foam backing and the angle of curvature creating what is called clamping pressure. It allows for more bass and better noise canceling. The clamping pressure is something that is bottle debated. Different brands use different curvatures and amounts of clamping pressure, just like different footwear companies have different lasts. This creates fit preferences.