What are you reading?

This could be another ten threads :stuck_out_tongue: …An economic policy vs design book sounds fascinating- does anyone have book suggestions in this vein?

My manager has suggested I read “The Designful Company.” I am told it will make me mad as a designer but is an important resource in learning to speak to corporate sensibilities and is worthwhile for growth… and funnily enough, while this book was hot in 2008 when it came out, it is somehow hard to find now. The prices on amazon for paperback and even audiobook feel very high for a decade-old short read on corporate design thinking ($100+ and $25+). In the meantime I have been looking up talks by the author (there are hours of this kind of thing on youtube), and there were a few mentions in the core archives. I think it speaks to a generational gap, as my boss said this was a key to some of his contemporaries climbing the ladder in design leadership (ten years ago). I don’t feel like there’s one particular secret to that, but I am interested in growing and ‘speaking the language.’

Are there any books you all would suggest for advancing your personal design career? I have been working in consumer products and packaging for a while now-- the type of work that relates to (for example) Walmart’s whims. I enjoy being a do-er/maker but am feeling a ceiling even as I build up practical skills.