What music?

Nice…

Interesting.

Music affects the amplitude of brainwaves, it might sound far out, but researchers found that when you listen to music the rhythm of you body (movement,heart, breathing, etc…) adjusts to the music. This would explain it.
That’s probably why in restaurants, stores, they choose music to create a mood/vibe. Or create a shopping experience… And they play soft music when on hold on a customer service call to relax the customer.

Even if its not conscious you can not stop the music from entering your space, and affecting you cause its sound.

I get impetus from the music itself, it can be part of the moodboard when working on something with an exotic feel, I play let’s say moroccan music or “world music”. Or something in accord to the rhythm/mood i want. And i am sensitive to the vibe of music.

I avoid strident music when working, i mentioned it before, the other day i had a bad experience listening to Johanna Newsom, her voice disrupted me.
Anything too scattering or that causes interruption in the flow of thoughts i don’t like. (per example minimal)

Something else I do is: on ITunes i arrange according play count, and create playlist with the least played songs, just to explore, “reset”/refresh my mind and not listen to the same music over and over again.

wow, there are sooooo many great DJ mixes (dubstep, glitch, breakbeat, etc) available at www.bijoubeats.com

it’s mental! who needs the radio? :unamused:

These are the main artists and genres I listen to:
Amon Tobin
Aphex Twin
Plaid
Autechre
old-skool-drum n bass

and everything Rob Hall related.

Check out his mixes:
http://www.rob-hall.co.uk/ii/

he also made twelve mixes for everymonth of the year. Im sure you can download them via (cough) a p2p-program (end cough)

Just picked up some live Zac Brown Band. You got to check these guys out. They great!!!

air france - “no way down”

damn, you have good taste… check out air france from gothenberg sweden… also, if you like prefuse check out his side project savath and savalas if you haven’t already…

Just picked up DJ Steve Porter’s Porterhouse 2. Good but not as tight as his first release.

And, as always in heavy rotation, Bob Schneider, at the moment his live recording from this summer’s show at Paradise Rock Club. Good show, band rocking it, Bob having fun w/ the band and crowd and good mix of tunes.

Air is also a favorite for work,
I listen a lot to Yoshinori Sunahara “Panam Sound of the 70’s” and “Take of and Landing”

Electronic Tango like “Gotan Project”, “Otros Aires” have a nice tempo .

Madredeus is clear pure water, It is the most heavenly music that communicates harmony, exquisiteness, grace and beauty. And I noticed whenever I work with it, what I do or think of become more delicate, detailed, feminine, or richer… And I work slower…
It inspires Art or Poetry, objects that are not so much about the use, but have something else like a decanter, cups, or once a piece of Baroque Jewelry or Decorative objects/furniture/lamps It once inspired a winter garden.
I love it… but it softens, makes me lose my edge so bad. Hits me somewhere where reason is useless and before I know I am mush. So it is productive in a different way …

Currently my favorite band is Justice and any other type of music worthwhile to listen…

Sigh…losing my edge:. - YouTube

Hello everyone(Ciao a tutti),

What music/songs you hear most while designing stuffs that keeps you motivated and thinking? Hope everyone has lot to share on this one…Thank You.

“Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought.”
-E.Y. Harburg

Hope everyone has lot to share on this one…

everyone did…

good point, but who wants to post in a 3 y.o. thread with 4 pages already filled?

Right now I’m listening to

Young Jeezy- Thug motivation 101
Boards of Canada- Geogaddi
Jimi Hendrix greatest hits
Snoop dogg- Doggystyle 2
Bob Dylan- Highway 61
and some Orson Scott Card audiobooks

digging this one up…

OMG, it’s like 6 m.o. but I was listening to this yesterday…

http://mishkanyc.com/bloglin/2009/09/28/presenting-keep-watch-vol-xii-rusko/

also on my playlists currently: broken bells, new young pony club, la roux (in for the kill-japan scream reedit), fake blood, brookah, massive attack’s new one “heglioland”, sub swara, bats for lashes !!!?

There, I fixed it for you (and added to the other thread)

“Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought.”
-E.Y. Harburg

Well this topic picked up under new name, that is good. Lot of good contributions, surely going in my playlists.

lol my bad, i looked at the wrong date

does every designer have the same iTunes library?

No, and yes Yo. Haha I was starting to think the same thing. I have stopped listening to the interweb radeooze. In late I have been spinning Ramones, Karen O, Louis Armstrong, Otis Redding, Winston Pickett, Kraftworks, and old Ray Charles on my tech. I want to pick up all the early Beastie boys studio albums too.