is this the first time any factory actually rebadge a Concep

rebadge a concept car, or is it just photoshop?

one year apart,

who else is the expert in rebadge everything?

Photoshop. How would they get the exact same shot 2 times like that if it was 2 different vehicles. The only thing that changes is the badge and some reflection on the tires so it’s definitely a photoshop job. Whether they actually decided to use the one with the different logo, who knows. I worked at a place that owned a couple of brands and an older, unused version from one group would sometimes just get logos swapped as a new version of the different group if it was right for the new target group. Not sure if that’s done in cars though.

Aren’t the badges: Opel and Saturn from GM?

Yeah, Opel and Saturn are both owned by GM. GM is trying to sell Saturn to US consumers as a euro-alternative. Therefore, they are rebadging Opels from Europe. Saturn will no longer develop their own cars.

As stated above. The opel will become Saturns in the US. This is smart for GM. The Opels are much better than the current Saturn line. BRING the opel Astra GTC to me in the US as a Saturn! WORD!

I think GM will only bring cheap and unecxiting versions of Opels over to North America. The rest are too well developed for a US brand in the US market.

I think that thay will. The Saturn Sky (redline) and Opel GT are virtually the same. Hopefully, this is a good sign. I want an Opel hot hatch. WORD!

Some people in the US actually buy manual transmissions! :open_mouth:

That happens a lot here in Mexico, GM sells Opels with the Chevrolet badge, like the Vectra, Astra, Meriva, Corsa… And VW did it too a while ago with SEAT, they where selling the same car but with two different names (SEAT Cordoba and VW Derby), they only changed a few details.

greets

i knew gm own both saturn and opels, gm rebadged and sold european car just like many others.

but at least the seat looked very different from anything VW ever made, IMO seat is very sexy.

rebadge production car is one thing(it made biz sense), but rebadge concept car, actually rebadge a Design got to be one heck of lazy design/show job!
got to be the talent drain happening right now in GM

and
that head light and grill outline/language looked like a copy of the acura RDX

[quote=“gt300”]i knew gm own both saturn and opels, gm rebadged and sold european car just like many others.

but at least the seat looked very different from anything VW ever made, IMO seat is very sexy.

rebadge production car is one thing(it made biz sense), but rebadge concept car, actually rebadge a Design got to be one heck of lazy design/show job!
got to be the talent drain happening right now in GM

and
that head light and grill outline/language looked like a copy of the acura RDX[/quote]

Unless they are mch closer to poduction than we know…and the production cars will be very close in re-badge.