The Concept of Enough

I’m not sure if it is my age, because I’ve been lucky enough to be able to get enough things that I like and enjoy, or because I’ve been running my own business for s bit now but I’ve just gotten a bit more satisfied with what I have. I don’t feel as compelled to buy another watch, a nicer couch, some fancier shirts, a newer car. I realize this is an easier thing to get to at a certain point in your career…So this video really resonated with me at the right time. I think if I watched it 5 years ago I would have passed it by. It does lead to some existential angst in design consulting and before we right proposals I try to push on “is this something that will increase joy in people somehow either functional, emotionally, or hopefully both?” … it defiantly produces a path of thought like your brother had mo-i. I’m caught between loving what we do and thinking maybe there are other ways to more positively impact the community around me. I think I’ll try ramping up some volunteering in the new year.