Apple hires Marc Newson

Sorry I got to disagree with everyone about the watch looking Newsonish. The first thing I thought when I looked at it front on was that it looks exactly like a baby iPhone 3. I do feel a Newson vibe off it based on his past work but reckon if it wasn’t announced a few days ago he was joining them (good move apple) then no one would have even mentioned his name.

I am a lover of apple goodness and was hoping that they could convince me to wear a watch (outside of just being a fashion accessory) and while I appreciate the effort, it really doesn’t do anything for me. I have 5 concerns about it too. First, I am right handed and I wear my watch on the right hand so communicating with it by using the knob I think would annoy me because my hand would cover the screen (feel for the lefties too). Second, third, and fourth are related to the fitness tracker. With battery life and waterproofness I couldn’t see these mentioned so I assume the worst. With durability I just don’t know about wearing it mountain biking or for similar rough sports. Fifth - I find it odd that it looks like people want bigger phones yet scaling the same interactions down to wrist size seems like an odd thing to do. Did they just do it due to peer pressure?

With the phone all the +40 people at work are easy to please and just wanted was a bigger screen. What confuses me is releasing 2 bigger screen sizes. It just makes the 5 look like a big mistake in hindsight rather than a deliberate step in the right direction.

With the pay thing used on both I was impressed and thought that “about time someone did that but I bet it will take ages to come to Australia”. Then the guy beside me said that it already works with his samsung he had for a year.

Finally I got to mention U2. I think that would alienate them even further from people under 30. They are an old peoples band.

Thoughts?
MAS