Unexpected places your designs have shown up

The location was expected being an airport and me having designed travel luggage.
But I saw it from a random runway models post and I’m going through her pics and recognize one of my bags in her picture. She was carrying it or the person in front of her was but it was very prominent.

This week, I saw a shower caddy foot that I designed laying amongst some leaves and bags near someone’s trash can. I didn’t have the heart to take a photo.

I was at the APIC conference (Association of Professionals in Infection Control, or thereabouts). I worked on this project years ago. We killed it. Sold off the IP to another company 2(?) years ago. Hardware and dashboard interface pretty much exactly the same. Full launch is November. I hope to see one in the wild on a nurse.

That must have been a nice surprise!

I always liked the idea and project. Just didn’t make financial sense for my company as this would be a stand-alone in our portfolio. The company that bought it has a wide range of products in this category, so it makes sense for them.

It is kind of fun seeing this Transformers Siege Prowl show up in collectors’ Prowl collections when they post on twitter.

I was watching a documentary on dean athletes last night called The Game Changers and I was happily surprised when Bryant Jennings came on screen wearing a pair of Nike Machomai boots I worked on back in 2007! I can’t believe these are still in production. 13 years is incredibly long for a piece of performance footwear. It makes me feel like we did our jobs right on that one!

Nice! Must feel extra good when something from the past pops up. I think I read a core article you put out about these boots a while back.

neat!
R

pretty cool seeing some of the things I worked on in this :slight_smile:

Some SKORA prototypes on the cover of a design book.

Author is the Director of the School of Industrial Design at Carleton University where I’ve taught and got my degree and requested the content.

Prototyping and Modelmaking for Product Design: Second Edition

R

nice! Congrats!

Adam Sandler ended up wearing a bunch of Cloudstepper product we designed on one of his netflix movies. My feelings are…mixed…

Awesome! I saw that movie :slight_smile: :popcorn:

I have been seeing this on the news for obvious reasons. :frowning: Launched in 1998.

Why, did your persona not have oversized cargo shorts to go with the shoes?

I was watching the movie Game Night on an airplane and Kyle Chandler pulled up his pant leg to reveal an ankle monitor my company designed. This was before they had industrial design, so don’t judge it too hard, but it was funny to see. Surprising, especially considering they could’ve easily used a fake product and nobody would bat an eye…

That must have been a surprise!

I also just realized it’s upside down

I think we did at one point as a bit of an internal joke, guess we had more insight than we thought lol.