The light bulb conspiracy

I seriously can’t believe you’re getting so hung up on the 50.001%. It’s not the number of pages I’m concerned about, it the number of regulations. A one-page bill or reg can be just as damaging as a 2,000 page reg. Okay I’ll grant it to you; I’ll settle for “some” instead of “most.” America’s in a tough spot, and “some” bad regulations are to blame.

I don’t disagree with this statement, but it doesn’t absolve the idiocy of the response. A bad event shouldn’t be compounded with a bad response. It’s like cutting off your hand because you lost a finger.

What is there to disagree with? Show me where I said anything about who should and should not receive care. Medicare doesn’t ensure medical care, it ensures subsidized medical care. If Part D was the basis of receiving care, how did seniors get the care they needed all those decades before Part D was enacted? The consequence with the way the regulation was written is that Part D alone costs 1% of GDP and will cost over $4 trillion over the next decade. All I said is that it could have been better written so as not to add to the nation’s bankruptcy chances. You’re right, negotiating prices would go a long way to lessen the damage, and it still proves my point that’s it’s an ill-conceived bill.

About morality, where is the morality in ensuring premium coverage for ourselves only to bankrupt the country and ensure that there is no coverage left for our grandchildren? We’ll hit over 20 trillion in debt by the end of the decade. We make a pretty good income, but we’re not a rich country.

Agreed. Business and government go together like a natural gas pipeline and a pyromaniac with a blowtorch.