Re: "Good" Waterbottle

February 7th, 2011, 11:25 am

Max2k
step three
step three

That's one of cheapest and most stable PET bottles on the market. It's a reusable deposit bottle and, therefore, a "true" ID mass product which comes already filled by the Coca Cola Company (with tap water :lol:, they sell the same water as in coke, just without the syrup) .

February 7th, 2011, 11:57 am

Lmo
Table water ... with carbonic acid!!! What are you guys drinking over there?!?!

oh, yeah... carbonated water... :wink:
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

February 7th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Max2k
step three
step three
Many Germans are so familiar with drinking bottled water containing H2CO3, they voluntarily add (the preservative agent) CO2 even to tap water to make it taste appropriate (for them) :D

February 7th, 2011, 12:37 pm

Lmo
... they voluntarily add (the preservative agent) CO2 even to tap water ...
Really?!?

I generally prefer to get my H2CO3 in the green bottles they have at the store. Image

Now, if we could get Spaten to switch over to screw-on caps, we'd have an unlimited source of "free" water bottles as well.
Lew Morris

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

February 7th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Max2k
step three
step three
Be honest, despite the fact that this "water bottle" is NSFW, you would be disappointed everytime you drink water from a German beer bottle.

February 7th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Lmo
You are right...

But probably not so much "disappointed" as, trying to recall the word ... I think it is betrübt (?) = :(

nur Wasser.. .. . :cry:
Lew Morris

February 7th, 2011, 3:50 pm

scrotum
full self-realization
full self-realization

February 8th, 2011, 3:26 pm

Optic Lingo
step one
step one
I like the Nike water bottle that I keep in my golf bag.
nike-water-bottle.jpg
nike-water-bottle.jpg (4.52 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
Optic Lingo, Inc. | http://www.opticlingo.com | We Speak Design

February 10th, 2011, 8:00 pm

rkuchinsky
Coroflot: 33013
Just caught a friend who hada Starbucks version of that Japanese bottle Yo posted. Different lid mechanism and a silicone sleeve, but same thing. Saw it at Starbucks today and is indeed made in Japan so likely the same thing. 16.99 USD, 19.99 CDN I think. I was gonna pick one up except didn't like the molded in Starbucks logo in the handle. The sleeve can be removed I think which also has a logo built in.
IMG_1777.JPG
R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

February 10th, 2011, 9:30 pm

jon_winebrenner
Coroflot: 44466
I saw this same one in Starbucks yesterday. It had a silicone-ish over sleeve over the glass. It was nice...although I'd prefer it w/o the Starbucks name on it.
yo wrote:Happen to see these glass Takeya's at Dept 17 down the street from me here in SF: http://www.dept17.com/

http://www.takeyausa.com/products/glass ... ttles.html

Really nice in person.

March 11th, 2011, 4:59 pm

jguy
May I introduce you all to the Vapur Anti-Bottle?
It's a foldable, collapsible, reusable "water bottle": http://www.vapur.us
5L_antibottles_group_shot_2011_72dpi.jpg
Brilliant!

March 12th, 2011, 1:11 am

Lmo
May I introduce you all to the Vapur Anti-Bottle?
Now that was slick.. .. . maybe the best I've seen. Considering the context of the thread I'm going to let it go.. .. this time. 8)
Lew Morris

March 12th, 2011, 3:31 am

Travisimo
full self-realization
full self-realization
the new Kor are nice and simple too.. just ordered one. Seems like if you have a nice water bottle at work, you drink more water

March 14th, 2011, 10:09 am

LuisaM
Coroflot: 1102
I'm with Danish on his picky search for the perfect watter bottle, for i am on the same quest. I recently had a stainless steel bottle that i loved, one because re-filled plastic bottles aren't beautiful and some of the can leech harmful substances or bacteria if not washed properly or if they aren't made of PET http://www.plasticsinfo.org/beveragebot ... aqs.html#1
Well, the water bottle lasted a few months until one morning i put in in the freezer before going out biking, my plans later got cancelled and i unknowingly left the water bottle in there for some while... when i finally remembered the ice had totally busted open the whole bottom part of the bottle.. making it completely useless. It would be nice to find a bottle that isn't too heavy, that has an easy, quick, comfortable sistem (unlike screwing tops and sucking straws :roll: ).
I like the Alex bottle that someone mentioned.. looks sweet, plus super easy to clean, and you can even change the size from 20 oz to 32 oz! awesomeee
From an aesthetic point of the view those new Kor bottles look sweet too, has anyone tried them? are they comfortable? delicate? they are beautiful..

March 14th, 2011, 10:13 am

danish912
Travisimo wrote:the new Kor are nice and simple too.. just ordered one. Seems like if you have a nice water bottle at work, you drink more water
yes! exactly my point, if I have a nice water bottle, I am more willing to go fill it up continuously through the day and guzzle that stuff down! ha.

And i do like the look of those kor bottles. I have to do some more inspection but they don't look as complex as their other ones.