Re: "Good" Waterbottle

March 27th, 2011, 7:43 pm

sanjy009
full self-realization
full self-realization
Paz wrote:On a happier note this is what I just ordered to replace it.

321 Water bottle http://www.321water.com

That was a "New Inventors" winner:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2609909.htm

March 28th, 2011, 4:13 am

Scott Bennett
full self-realization
full self-realization
Been using one of these for a couple months. Glass bottle with a silicone sleeve. Not bad:

http://www.takeyausa.com/products/glass ... -16oz.html

March 29th, 2011, 11:29 am

robertcj
step three
step three
That 321 looks a lot like my Senior Project from 08'. Just goes to show you design is global.
http://www.coroflot.com/colinroberts/Cl ... Project/34

I just bought one of those KOR steel bottles in all black. It's beautiful but the spout is tough to get back on after washing or mixing Gatorade so I'm not sure what I think of it yet.

March 29th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Travisimo
full self-realization
full self-realization
robertcj wrote:That 321 looks a lot like my Senior Project from 08'. Just goes to show you design is global.
http://www.coroflot.com/colinroberts/Cl ... Project/34

I just bought one of those KOR steel bottles in all black. It's beautiful but the spout is tough to get back on after washing or mixing Gatorade so I'm not sure what I think of it yet.
Black on Black. Nice choice

March 30th, 2011, 3:28 pm

cabobean
Has anyone mentioned Klean yet?

I recently converted to drinking water at work, and lately I have been carrying around a gallon sized milk carton... not ideal but I enjoy the healthy lifestyle. Then one of my colleagues brought in one of his Klean Kanteens. He has the largest one. It supposedly holds the amount of water the average person should drink a day. 64 oz . There are smaller ones as well.

I like how it is stainless steal, so no BPA worries, and the design is definitely appropriate.
Here is their site. My colleague bought his on Amazon for a lot cheaper, something like $20 instead of the $32 listed on the company site.
http://www.kleankanteen.com/products/wi ... n-wide.php

I'm probably going to buy the 64 0z one for my water needs, and then a 27 0z one for protein shakes.

April 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm

LuisaM
Coroflot: 1102
an opinion question:

ive been following this discussion, and i think that important issues have come up, and that the opinions given are pretty interesting and good feedback.. so IIII would love some opinions!!!! pleassssee :D :D :D :

for an assignment, ive been sudying up on what elements are expected in a water bottle, and things to consider in a reusable water bottle.. and ive come up with the idea of creatin a water bottle that is kind of like a standard water bottle i guess you could say... a water bottle you can take to work, on a run, fits in your bike, fits in your car, etc. a water bottle that adapts to your situacion, wether it be sports, adventure, or urban life. my teacher isnt very convinced that this idea is something people would be interested in, (that people prefer a product made for a specific use or situacion) but i think it is since most water bottles dont adapt to more than 1 situation.. for instance one might be good for camping but doesnt fit in cupand bottleholders, or it might be attractive but it isn't comfortable or the opening is too big or too small... etc and this would be a bottle that is easy to clean(because the bottom screws off), easy to use, has more than one opening for different situations, (one for biking or sports, and 2 different sized screw-on tops), has a place to put a strap, and fits in standard bottle holders.

i looked into cooling materials and figured maybe aluminum would be best, with a plastic bottom and top? also i thought of giving it a transparency line with an mL measure.. would do you guys think?
DSCN8841.JPG
DSCN8839.JPG
DSCN8839.JPG (68.24 KiB) Viewed 5416 times

April 5th, 2011, 3:02 am

esinishi
I think it is a very relevant topic, I always buy those SPA Rood, sparkling water bottles, use them for a couple of days until I have the inner feeling that it is no good anymore, then I buy a new one. But I love the colour and the touch of the bottle. So why all blue and green, if I am going to go plastic, why not red?

There is this other reason... I feel bad about the plastic waste I produce through it but I keep forgetting them around as well.. so I don't feel horrible about paying so much money for something I will forget somewhere within a week.
9951_Spa Barisart Rood PET 24x0,5lt.jpg
9951_Spa Barisart Rood PET 24x0,5lt.jpg (61.43 KiB) Viewed 5393 times

April 5th, 2011, 3:53 pm

GURU
step four
step four
cabobean,

I've been using the same 40.oz kleen Kanteen for years. It's made with food-grade stainless steel that's totally free of BPA and other toxins...
Black_40oz_WITH_CAP-actual.jpg
Black_40oz_WITH_CAP-actual.jpg (13.03 KiB) Viewed 5362 times

April 28th, 2011, 9:59 am

brianmullins
step two
step two
Kleen Kanteen : Reflect

Digging the bamboo cap and mirror finish. Brushed is nice too. Too bad they're sold out. *Edit - Available on Amazon. Purchased. Check. I have been using a SIGG bottle for a long time and think this would be a nice alternative. I got a bit distracted as this isn't a cheap water bottle. A nice design though.

Image Image Image

May 31st, 2011, 3:43 pm

EricBeauchemin
If anyone still following this subject ...

What do you guys think is the best material for water bottle ?
Tritan, Stainless Steel, Aluminium, PC, Glass ?
And what's next ?

July 23rd, 2011, 11:34 pm

Paz
step one
step one
Coroflot: 361987
My 321 water bottle http://www.321water.com is dead!
321 survived several months of use (including 3 weeks travel around Italy) however I accidently dropped it and the plastic bottle shattered:( After initialy spending $70 including P+H which is a lot for a water bottle I can't see the point in spending another $30 for a replacement bottle which might not survive long either.

Metal bottle here I come!
My Website

O B S E R V A T I O N & C O M M U N I C A T I O N

July 24th, 2011, 5:04 am

tarngerine
full self-realization
full self-realization
I got a Takeya classic (blue) and so far, it's doing okay. The weight is kind of annoying, so I mostly use it in my room instead of taking it out and about NYC on my 40 minute commute.

September 12th, 2018, 1:21 pm

sonofscrotum
step four
step four
Bump.

Kinto TRAVEL Tumbler. The detachable rim is clever, makes for easier pouring and cleaning.

But caution, read the last bullet, "User recommandations: do not go to the dishwasher". :D

September 12th, 2018, 4:16 pm

yo
Administration
Administration
Coroflot: 67242
Back from the dead, I love it. Nice bump SOS.

September 14th, 2018, 6:59 pm

AndyMc
step four
step four
That is super clean, I've been looking for something like this for a while now. Cheers!