August 26th, 2008, 8:45 pm

molested_cow
full self-realization
full self-realization
Wow, waited 3 years to see this in store! Almost thought it got canned. Got to go to a Target to check it out myself.
It's not the cows' fault, stop molesting them!!!

August 27th, 2008, 1:08 am

purplepeopledesign
step four
step four
I don't think they were designed just for Target.

Here in Canada, the Rona home improvement chain has a bunch of plastic carts just like those. The colours, of course, have been adapted for the brand.

Probably some cart manufacturer that is making them more cheaply than the wire mesh versions.

:)ensen.
Those who claim to be making history are often the same ones repeating it.

August 27th, 2008, 7:03 am

Mr-914
Does Rona have the round holes though? This weekend, I feel like going to stores just to look at the shopping cars!

BTW, my local grocer replaced the carry baskets with baskets that have wheels and a handle like suit cases. Really convenient! Can't find a pic on google, but I'll snap a pic next time I shop.

cart weight

August 27th, 2008, 9:41 am

griff
i'm pretty sure this had no effect on the final design but...
A little extra heft might not be so bad in the cart since I personally know of a few older folk who use the cart to help ease their walking around a huge store. They lean on the cart a bit in order to support their balance if they get tired or have back problems etc.
Otherwise, I haven't seen the new carts, most I've seen still have the old cross-hatched plastic style.

Extending the brand to the carts, i feel, is a good idea, although I think the huge rows of red carts lined up outside most Target stores is already kind of an icon in itself.
believe it

August 27th, 2008, 10:40 am

purplepeopledesign
step four
step four
Mr-914 wrote:Does Rona have the round holes though? This weekend, I feel like going to stores just to look at the shopping cars!

BTW, my local grocer replaced the carry baskets with baskets that have wheels and a handle like suit cases. Really convenient! Can't find a pic on google, but I'll snap a pic next time I shop.
Good point... I wasn't looking at it that carefully.

And those wheeled baskets are everywhere here in Ontario.

:)ensen.
Those who claim to be making history are often the same ones repeating it.