Re: Someone stole my design!

November 9th, 2011, 7:21 pm

rkuchinsky
Coroflot: 33013
I think the dead horse has been well beaten. An obvious concept like yours is very likely the product of different people thinking similar things, not necessarily theft. Continually calling it so, only makes you look bad.

It's also worth nothing that all these art concepts are just that. It's not a case where someone has copied a best selling product to cash in on some sales. I don't see any of these light drop ideas making anyone money so I don't see the need to complain or level baseless accusations.

Enough already, really. All this thread has done is made it so that if someone googles you and your product they will find this thread and see that most of the designers here don't agree with you and that you are one to make quick accusations. Not positive for you.

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

November 10th, 2011, 9:53 am

Mr-914
Thanks Ray from Core. Well played!
Ray Jepson

"The key to success in this business is to find a boss who doesn't care." - Mike Rowe

November 10th, 2011, 6:07 pm

phillydun
step two
step two
I think they should teach more about MODESTY in design schools.

November 11th, 2011, 12:37 am

Lmo
Your drop lamp/drip lamp is basically art. In the past year I've seen two variations on it at craft shows in California. Cute, but hardly earth shaking. Don't take this personally, it's just the nature of the "furniture and accessories" industry.

What's new with you?
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

November 14th, 2011, 8:34 am

Dugan27
step two
step two
The REAL light bulb conspiracy.