GUILT...

I think only designers care about creating products that are environmentally friendly …but this is the problem with designers we want to save to world and make money but the corporate world just want to make money …We think we have power over design projects but most designer don’t …most designers are working for " the suits" they control the business world we just influence it… we have little say in anything …we all just tools for the business world to make more money not to save the world …Sorry ! We just take order…It doesnt matter what kind of product you design …there is always the unspoken design brief: let me tell you what it is # 1 make it cheap! # 2 make it fast # 3 make is beautiful …All that means is: 1_ use Cheap material that 99% of the time can’t be recycled 2_ Fast: please use people from a third world country they are quick and inexpensive and the pollution will only affect them. # 3 beautiful: what ever you do, make it look nice so it can sell! … This is my view of design right now we are followers and never leaders …we are dreamers with great vision of the future that will never come true simply because we are just tools!..Maybe I’m wrong but this is all see…