CarlTiki wrote:I have noticed that my computer is significantly less powerful than the other designers. (2.6 dual core/ 4g ram vs 3.2 Quad / 16g ram)
Does anyone have any advice in approaching upper management and asking for an upgrade?
"I can do twice as much work in the same amount of time if I spent more time working and not waiting. You'll make it back in 1 week"
1. Give reasons for a new rig (productivity)
2. Look up the computer you want (have a list ready, a crappy cheaper choice, the choice you want, and the over-the-top expensive choice)
3. The price for it (they will want to know)
4. Do some $£€ math (the justification that's hard to say no to, and if they do - ask why).
5. Don't say thank you (too much). The investment is for them, not you. If they feel they are doing you a favor, they might be tempted to hold it against you when discussing pay raise etc.