Interview Attire for Women..?

Hi everyone, I have an onsite interview next week and I am at a loss as to what to wear. I’ve had 2 onsite interviews (different companies) and each time I have worn a suit. I felt overdressed and overall uncomfortable wearing a suit and I’m sure my discomfort probably showed. I really want to see if there is anything else that is acceptable for women to wear to interviews. Are dark jeans, top and a nice blazer completely out of the question? I don’t want to look like I don’t care but I also don’t want to be out of character and uncomfortable.

What type of company? Corporate? Consultancy? City?

Some info here

Casual-dress-for-interview?

Midwestern corporation with a fun office environment and culture. I wouldn’t say they want casual dress for an interview but I just think a suit might be too ‘stuffy’ for their work culture.

This reminded me of a similar topic that was discussed a while back;

Thank you!

It is also perfectly acceptable to call and ask what the office attire is.

Above all, male or female, be designedly, be tasteful, be yourself

Also remember it is always better to be a touch over dressed than underdressed. You don’t want to over do it, i.e., a conservative pantsuit, or ill fitting mens suit for guys, will look too stuffy and conservative, but a nicely tailored fashionable suit with some funky shoes, even though much nicer than what we wear to the office, would be great.

when in doubt, visually benchmark. Here are some ideas:
1b673eadfb02c46b53597992a11ec84e.jpg

interviewcasual.jpg