The day I thought would never come... the interview

Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the job p waddy. Looks like things are starting to pick up a bit though, with a few more junior roles around. At least it was good practice for future interviews. I guess it’s that push to continue improving skills and working on new projects for the next interview. I agree with mrtwills saying it’s a good idea to work on a project more specific to the role you are applying for. Whilst working on my portfolio I’ve tried to edit it so that it has some projects related to the role, whilst also trying to show a breadth of knowledge and skills, just hope they come across in the interview!

Ross, good luck with your interview, you have some really nice renders in your portfolio too.

I did another search on core and came across this post:

which has some nice examples of typical interview questions and how best to answer them.

I’m almost finished with my portfolio, so will head out to find an interview outfit. I’m thinking smart trousers and a blouse, nothing too over the top, but still professional. I guess it’s better to be over rather than under-dressed? I’m thinking of taking my portfolio on a disc so I can leave a copy with them, is this a good idea? Is there anything else I should consider taking, business cards, CV??

Only a week to go now, very excited!