Krabbenkoenig
Hiho!
I'm currently studying industrial design and I'm in the 4th term. Next term I will have to attend an internship and this for I'm currently working on my portfolio.
So could you please tell me, what you think of the following sketches/renderings, they're just quick renderings and sketches, each one took me less than 10-15min, they should just illustrate alternatives/variations to finished projects.
Pen:
Amplifier:
and the real product

March 28th, 2005, 4:40 pm

yo
Administration
Administration
Coroflot: 67242
nice stuff man. I think the pen sketches are working nice. I like the retro-future stereo. What's up is that an amp or a receiver or what? The sketches for that don't have the same energy though.

March 28th, 2005, 6:26 pm

Krabbenkoenig
Thnx, yeah, it's an preamplifier and since it's based on tubes I HAD to do a Flash Gordon/Buk Rogers style housing. :D :wink:
Anyway, I do have slight problem in making dynamically looking sketches of this thing. At the moment I'm just experimenting with sketching the variations in a nice perspective and without rendering them (or at least scanning them first, so I don't have to sketch them again if the rendering looks crappy :wink: )

March 28th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Lmo

Your sketches have a nice feel Kk, defintely Brazil-ian in flavor.

The muted color palette would be in keeping with old radio products. Browns and burnt orange tones would recall Bakelite and celluloid materials. Celluloid had a semi-transluscent quality that would be interesting to simulate with a modern material; might be cool to see the tubes glowing through the casework.

It's really too bad that design has taken the route that it has; hand-drawn is still more appealing to me. A friend of mine is a general contractor and prefers hand-drawn construction drawings. He believes that the draftman that executes them must have a better understanding of the structure than a CAD jockey because he spends more time thinking about his work.

March 31st, 2005, 12:05 pm

yo
Administration
Administration
Coroflot: 67242
on the pre amp, I would sugest using a dirty style.

I threw this down reall quick to show you what I am thinking, prisma pencil on trace paper:

April 1st, 2005, 1:03 am

Krabbenkoenig
Yeah, this is kind of the style I've been doing the "new" sketches of the amp, but as usuall my scanner decided to tell me "you better go and buy a new scanner, I don't wanna work anymore". :evil: :wink:
--------------
seeking internship