Doodling

follow me

This isnt really sketch but it is portrait of my dog:

and a quick car sketch

thought i would join the fun. not exactly a doodle, but some fun with figure drawing. i dont often sketch anything but footwear, so had a go with a pen and some markers afterhours recently.

R

those great I love the style.

thanks :slight_smile: I never realyl thought of it as a “style”, just how i sketch. personally, i love a looser feel, and it drives me nuts to try to do something tighter!..

hereøs some more from a few hours of concept ideation for a Dunny toy customization. more on the project now posted on my blog http://pullover.blogspot.com

R

r putting up some heat!

all this talk of sketching is getting me back into it. In putting together a hummel ad for the upcoming Eurosport catalog, i decided to throw in a few sketches to give a “design-y” look.

Only had a few hours to do it all, but pretty happy with the result for working under pressure (and half hungover). the sketches wont be the full page, only about 1/4 page, so i didnt bother with too much detail. drawings always look better scalled down, anyhow. :slight_smile:

R

ps. yo- i was also inspired by your billboard sketches. nice.

this is so loosely linked to anything in this thread its painfull. but i was asked to do a submission for box doodle project. it took about 6-7 minutes, a box some pens and an x-acto, its relatively talentless but was fun and we love supporting original projects.

Ï€

something to remember if you need to pull yourself away from the computer for 5 minutes.

hicalorie. :smiley:

ps. rkuchinsky thats some lovely dunny by the way.

aye man…nices sketches. The very last one with the car and the girl on it, how did you get those nice smooth line weight. Did you use the pen, then scan it in, or did it from illustrator or PS?

thanks

Just screwing around…

did you do those in painter?

sketchbook pro

nice. ive never used a tablet or any of those sketch apps. how do you find it compared to paper. ive always said the medium doesnt really matter, but sketching and scanning and photishop is a pain.

workin now on getting our it dept. to shell out for a wacom intus 9x12 and a macbook pro (were currently all pc in the office but im mac at home).

any suggestions on hard/software?

R

…sorry if this should be in the hardware/software forum

there really is no comparison, if you REALLY like paper the acclamation peroid could be rough…it takes a whilie to get used to that discoonnect between hand a screen, making difficult (at least initially) to produce a clean sketch, if removing sketching and scanning is a goal(?) then maybe a tablet pc/cintiq is worth a try?

also you might want to consider what size tablet would fit you best, generally the bigger tablets are really good for digital artist/people who draw from the shoulder and make those long strokes but can be a little cumersome…

smaller ones are allow you to cover more space with less movement probably better for people that draw from the wrist and are portable enough to fit in a laptop bag

A5 is a good compromise imo not too big not too small…for the software sketchbook pro is sweet because it is really simple it is not as overwhelming as painter, photoshop is still king of the hill as far as the program of choice though…

Definitely takes some time to get up to speed with the tablet. And it works better with some programs where it’s easier to move the canvas. I don’t use it with photoshop because I can’t rotate the screen on the fly where as painter it’s a breeze.
But you can use any of them if you go the cintiq route. I’m using one now and all I can say is “sweet!”. So you can use any program with that since there are no software rotation limitations to worry about. My only issue is that I don’t draw that big so it’s definitely taking some getting used to.

if you can get them to get you a cintiq… that is the way to go for sure. I could never really sketch well with the tablet, but it is great for rendering…

the cintiq is pretty awesome though, I love it. At some point I hope I can go tablet PC (when a mac one comes out?) and stay digital…

definitely great for rendering, though much more fustrating for sketching!

seems like no plans for a tablet mac: