GEBS
step four
step four
It's not pretty, but it's quick!

I also dig how a lot of designers on this board have been photographing sketches and then digitally rendering over them. I hadn't seen much of that before a year or so ago.

It is strange how normal it is to carry a camera around in your pocket these days. I love it.

I filled up all of the space on my first iPhone within three months, just with pics. After that it was debilitating to not be able to take a photograph without deleting items.
cjs33139
step four
step four
GEBS,

I just discovered today an Iphone "scanner" app that works really well! It's called CamScanner: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camscan ... 27783?mt=8

It gives severals options for b/w and color and even a few contrast/brightening features to use on the pics before you email them to yourself or save to your Iphone camera roll. I tested it out on a few sketches and the result wasn't too bad. It's not scanner quality, but if ever I am in a hurry; I will try that!

Wow, you were camera-happy! :) Iphone/smart phones definitely have changed our lives for the better.

In the last 5 years since owning my Iphone, it has taken the place of my landline, alarm clock, calculator, note pad, wall mount calendar, camera... yada yada yada... and as of today... scanner?
sam hagger
step four
step four
I still, and am a big advocate of, sketching/scanning.

it's achievable, cheaper, simpler to share and sort, mobile, needs no power source...the list goes on.

Plus, if you hide the eraser, it's quicker/fresher/more instinctive. The old "ctrl z" function can mean people are far fussier with digital sketching than is necessary.
Cameron
full self-realization
full self-realization
sam hagger wrote:The old "ctrl z" function can mean people are far fussier with digital sketching than is necessary.
Yes, the temptation is too great. I find this wastes more time for me than it saves, at least at this point. Analog catalyzes boldness, emotion, etc.
Cameron Nielsen
Ooblec Design Studio | LinkedIn | Personal Site
'There is an inherent intelligence to beauty' - Dori Tunstall
hkoehl20
I have the exact same workflow.

As with most design problems, the user is not the problem, THE DESIGN IS! I think this group needs to start a revolution (or maybe a project) to change to way we transfer from physical to digital.