3D Sketches

YHK,

1- For some reason, my account does not handle the brakets correctly. I have tried different comuters.

2- Yes, maybe my first post to you was not in the correct attitude. More specifically, I did miss-direct it. You are correct there.

3- Again, your post regarding “people that feel uncomfortable” is a blanket statement. It can be read either way. You did not direct it to anyone. It could be towards me. It could be towards any other post. There is no way to tell from that post.

4- I gave some backround info on myself to support my general view on this thread. To me, that gives the POV a little more foundation.

5- What is up with the personal attacks? How do simple statements about sketching/models get you to that?

You know, after re-reading the posts. The core of what we are both taking about (at least the thread topic) is similar. There were two problems that spawned this “off-topic” argument. One, I mis-directed a post to you. Two, you made a blanket statement that anyone on this thread could have read as direct to them. Let’s agree to disagree and move on…it is to easy to keep this going.

:smiley:

if you’d corrected that mistake there wouldn’t be any issue here.

incorrect. it’s not a blanket statement. there’s no proof i can turn to. it’s an observation. and furthermore, it has caveats for exceptions to my observation.

it starts with you being a condescending jerk and posting “NEWSFLASH”. then ignoring my polite request for clarification. that’s how.

OK,

So who is the jerk now? I admit my mistake…and more attacks. Nice.

If I made a mistake and directed the post to you…NEWSFLASH…I did not think that you would be asking for clarification! That is why I missed it. My typo mistake caused me to not look for your polite clarification.

In the end, you are saying that none of your statements were a contributing factor here?

afaic: you. you’re now looking for excuses instead of bowing out gracefully (very upper management imo). my post above isn’t an attack. whether directed at me or someone else, your comment (“NEWSFLASH”) was condescending and rude. it seems to go with your giving us your personal history… an apparent attempt to make your opinion worth more. well, some of us here have the same if not more experience and qualifications. so keep your “NEWSFLASH” comments in check or prepare to be held accountable by an equal.

except you didn’t miss it once. you missed it twice. i quoted it when i repeated my request to you. your reply was off in left field somewhere - completely irrelevant; didn’t even respond to my post (perhaps i should assume you didn’t even bother to read it). your excuse works fine for the first; it fails miserably for the second.

correct. intelligent individuals of Design Director caliber:

a) don’t make the kind of mistake you made
b) don’t ignore not just one, but two requests for clarification
c) have the ability to read my comment regarding my observation - complete with caveats and exceptions - and realize that they don’t apply to their own comments.

would you like to continue this? or would you like to move on?

Yes, I admitted my mistake and typo. Yes, I will admit to missing it a second time. At the same time, my fist mistake was the problem. As I mentioned, that is why I was not looking for you reply to “newsflash”.

BTW, lighten up a little…“newsflash” is meant to be a little funny…

Your personal attaks are not polite either. You do not know me or my work. Your attacks are also not examples of what a professional designer should be or act like. As “rude” as any of my statement might be to you, I have not attacked you personally. Typos now and again are not the end of the world. Mis-reading something is also not the end of the world on an internet post…especially after accepting fault to it.

Are you ready to move on now? I have accepted my fault in this argument. Let’s get back to the topic.

enough of this useless thread…

if you read my posts with an educated eye, you’ll most often notice that i post in the “if the shoe fits” style. rarely will i make a “personal attack”. i may allude and intimate and sometimes even be direct when referring to someone’s words in a quote, but at almost no time will i directly state something that can be considered libellous.

in this case, i believe we’re mostly in “if the shoe fits” territory as i’ve been making some assumptions based on your comments and giving some professional suggestions to you which probably stings your ego. however, claiming that i’m making “personal attacks” is, afaic, another stab at me. if you can point to a REAL personal attack unsupported by a quote or mistake of yours (e.g. “blaster701, you are a suckass designer”), then do so. post the quote. back up your comment. if you can’t do that, then i suggest you not respond and instead get back on topic.

I am happy to get back on topic.

I have taken responsibility for what I have mis-typed and mis-read.

I just get the feeling that you are now trying to justify your comments about my abilities, skills and business sense to “if the shoe fits”. That is still not very polite or professional. I have not said anything about your skills, as I have not seen them or worked with you. I reacted in a defensive manner because of my misunderstanding. You are making statements in a “round about way” geared directly at me.

let me put it this way:

i’ve been sketching since i was two years old. now it’s become so passe for me that whenever i hear someone bloating on their sketch or graphic skills feels like junior varsity challenging a world cup forward to slam it in their wide open net.

not “statements”. i make assumptions and post those. statements are declarative iirc.

i will state this: you made a basic mistake which started this. then you posted a reply to one of my posts without even bothering to read what i said. then you tried to excuse your first mistake without realizing you replied to the second notice thus reinforcing that mistake. what conclusion would you draw about someone doing that? what conclusion should others draw? what would students conclude about such a person?

agree. and thank you.

YHK,

I made the typo and a mis-read. When I posted the reply, I did not know I made the first mistake. Yes, you are correct about that. I will make it a point to read more carefully from now on. If you see me on anouther post, you can take pride that you helped me to be better at this. I am always looking to improve…as any good designer does

You know what they say about ass-sumptions…

We can go on and on bickering about this and that. I am officially taking the high road now…care to join me?

I love how ufo tries to spark back in there… carry on gentlemen.

i believe i already suggested we take the high-road. perhaps you didn’t read that either. here it is again: “if you can’t do that, then i suggest you not respond and instead get back on topic.” you didn’t. yet here you are. still.

now as soon as you let this go, i’ll be happy to do the same. but so long as you keep trying to get away with something (visions of crooked CEO’s dance through my head) - even while playing the “I made a simple mistake” (or two, or three) card - i’ll continue responding to set the record straight.

as for what people say about ass-sumptions… nope. i don’t know what “they” say. i could guess. but i’d venture you wouldn’t like my guess. (note: this was an opportunity i let go. consider it a gift.)

YHK,

I hope that you have a great evening and a fruitfull day at work tomorrow. I am officially only positive now.

Let us all learn from this argument. I for one will read more carfully. As I mentioned, always looking to grow and improve.

Did you think I wouldn’t catch that! :open_mouth:

UFO wrote:
let me put it this way:

i’ve been sketching since i was two years old. now it’s become so passe for me that whenever i hear someone bloating on their sketch or graphic skills feels like junior varsity challenging a world cup forward to slam it in their wide open net.

Djeezz…What an ego…Show me some masterpieces. Show me your skills…
You really must be a sad little man. To be boasting like this. I’m glad you still have your ego because this is all you have. Your the kinda guy who makes me wanna hate design. It’s people like you who think their better then an other who make this industry so cold and selffish. You wanna be famous? In the books? Wanna get laid? Is that what matters? Pffft…youR not even worth it.
Be whatever you wanna be. If you wanne be the best. Be it, prove it stop boosting about it. BTW you’ll never be the be’st there will always somebody ahead off you…hey maybe it’s me

Greetzz to everyone except UFO :imp:

YHK and Blaster701 do stop this pointless discussion…Get of your horses.
Why continue the discussion? Blaster701 apoligized for his misread. Wishes you all the best and is glad that he can grow by critical comment…and then you diss 'm some more. Why? Let’s leave this discussion. If there’s more relevants to be say about sketching being not nesscessary to be a good designer feel free to post.

Deez…

funny shit :laughing: :laughing:

and you can’t change the avatar, it makes all the difference :laughing:

what’s this thread about again???

is this what upper management designers do all day. with the amount of arguing that took place yesterday no one could possibly have had time to actually design. hope thats not on company time. better play catch up today

you can assume anything you want, truth remains constant.