Karim Tools on the front page

What are peoples opinion on these?

Other than the ceramic blades (which was obviously handed to him and he wrapped a form around them) the tools seems pretty lame.

I couldn’t see myself ever wanting to use these things. From a ergonomic standpoint, I think they would be tough to use. I picture my hands with oil and random food residue’s while cooking + the conical form being a bad combination. Non stick or not, it doesnt do it for me.

Are these even real products? The shots on the webpage are just simple renderings? Or is it a sign of tough times and using the money elsewhere? At the least, they could get some much better final renderings. I dont think its helping in selling the product in any way.

They are designed for your display shelves and museum pedestals.

I think I forgot to add that section into my kitchen when I updated it…

I’d rather see photos of the products and a rendering of Karim.

I don’t like the whole form-over-function thing, but hey someone’s got to do it to put everything else in context.

UHHHG!! I am so tired of seeing these superstar designers get away with this crap.

Lame, lame, lame. I’ve had it with Karim and his smug face. Get some new glasses. Jerk.

He seems to be getting a lot of mileage out of that revolved cone form.

First Dirt Devil, now kitchen tools.

Agreed. That’s why I hate this crap. Before I wrote my initial post I had a huge long rant post, but then deleted it. I understand that everyone, including all of us have their own style, but how do these guys keep getting away with this? This is insane. When I was in college, I heard him speak and the one thing that I remember is a story he gave about a clothing store design without cloths in it. WHAT? How ridiculous does this sound. needless to say it never happened.

These guys remind me of that one guy that we all knew in school that was arrogant, thought he was god, but everything he did would never work in the real world. This is no different than Arrnell with his Pepsi logo, Stark with his Juicer, and Karim with let’s just say his cone (because that one word can wrap up all of his products).

So I ask the question again, HOW DO THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS CRAP!!

Gross.

Do they have ghost designers like they do ghost writers? This seems to be case and point.

Typical Karim shape but it just doesn’t seem very well thought out. There doesn’t seem to be any continuity in how you grasp objects, plus they just look awkward to use.

I will admit that I did like the dirtdevil though.

These guys remind me of that one guy that we all knew in school that was arrogant, thought he was god, but everything he did would never work in the real world. This is no different than Arrnell with his Pepsi logo, Stark with his Juicer, and Karim with let’s just say his cone (because that one word can wrap up all of his products).

Looks like I’m not alone in hating designers hehe.

These products are being made only because of the brand equity of Karim’s name in the world of finance. He’s a hired artist in the same sense of Raphael. He only need his client to be happy, not to produce something marketable or usable. More power to him and these products.

On an aside, don’t these look retro-crap design early 1990’s?

thanks for the late Friday afternoon chuckle, I don’t know what about that is so funny to me, but it works.