Rehabilitate

Hi Mark, thanks for the welcome

“I think we often design to prevent injury but not often we design for during, aid in rehab/ recovery.”

good point… however i don’t know if designing a device to prevent one from stepping on a hockey stick while it is being pulled out from under you is very marketable :slight_smile: perhaps a klutz pill…

seriously though, thank you for your extensive comments.

“also to buy a shoe just for rehab and then dismiss I think is maybe waste of $$$”
-i did think about this. but maybe reebok COULd team up with hospitals/pharmacies and distribute them that way, as a replacement/improvement upon current boots.

-and/or they could market it as part of a phys. therapy package- you could get those stretchy resistance bands, some reusable ice packs, a water bottle, a HOT water bottle, ace bandages, stuff like that, all with a RBK RHB logo plastered on. people will buy anything with a logo. that way you’re not just buying a boot, you’re buying a whole regimen. and that would justify a higher price as well.

-you really got me thinking on this though, with your idea that it could be a trainer afterwards. i’m thinking perhaps there could be a ‘base’ shoe with an attachment that would provide more stability while the aircast is needed, but when rehab is over, you can take off the attachment and have a regular sneaker to wear whenever. and they’d come in a pair, of course; the other one wouldn’t have an attachment. (edit: OR, they’d both be attachment-compatible)

As for the type of injury this would be used for - your doctor prescribes the aircast, so that’s when you wear it. The aircast is generally post-plaster cast; an aircast wouldn’t be enough to support a broken ankle. people also use them when they have sprains.

I think that’s it… hopefully i’ll get some more updated designs up soon. Thanks so much for the comments/crit, i really appreciate it.