Zepher Shoe

how many people actually get internships from that nike link? and to me it seems that they would get soo much work that things would easily get lost in the shuffle. How would you really apply and get a job at nike? (not interested now but maybe for the future-still in school-and working)

i will have to check tht kicksology website for contests sounds interesting. I used to go by the site everyday to see new reviews on kicks.

on presentation _>

Yo can give you a different stand point.

but from my two presentations that i have given ( one with Dr. schols and the other with Dr. Martens) well before i start- I have designed alot of concepts and i am never there to help with the presentation, maybe because i am still in school or cant make the meeting because it is over seas, but many times i am not there to defend my ideas, and my samples and renderings and sometimes skecthes have to speak for me, but there is a team made up that will present. in production samples are crucial. the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words, but a sample is worth a thousand pictures. in other words a skecth is great but a sample is better. some times samples cant be made in time for some presentations.

the two that i have been apart of were very corporate. everyone in suits, except for the designers. i think thats sweet tht since we are designers we can bend traditions rules a lil. and the work i presented was alot of the concept in the new product. i mainly discussed that and the sample. another memeber talked about production, costs, marketing, etc. the one thing that i wasn’t too pre-paired for was the rapid questions, you really have to be able to speak and CLEARLY get your concept or ideas across. many times you are presenting infront of non-designers and they will have no clue what you are talking about if you make your presentation too around the buch and not too specific.

in the one meeting with Dr. martens. my designs weren’t the only ones being discussed there were other designers there working on the same project lines. and it was almost like a competition trying to beat out the others designs. I REALLY HAD TO SELL MYSELF TO THEM. and the samples. so not only was i taking questions and remarks from them (the suits) but also the other designers,a nd that was kind of hard, because i was new to footwear they could really pull the project apart and ask you every lil thing. which is good. youhave to understand what you are working on or apart of.

big things to remember like in all presenations, pre-pare, rehearse, and be organized. if you are doing a digital presentation know before hand if the facility is using mac or pc, and also things digital will when possible always mess up, so always have a back up, boards, hand outs.

i hope this helps. others i am sure have experienced differently.