Using TPX Pantones in Adobe CS4

Does anyone know how to load / access TPX Pantones in Adobe CS4?

I work in softgoods and we are using the TPX Pantone system more often as there are more useful colors (for textiles) available than in the coated and uncoated guides. We frequently create color cads to preview designs internally and with buyers, and I am looking for a way to use the TPX colors directly in my files so the colors can display as accurately as possible on screen and when printed.

Any advice is much appreciated.

This little tutorial for creating a ASE (Adobe Swatch Exchange) file might help.

http://blog.mindbites.com/working-with-adobe-swatch-exchange-files/

Rather than loading individual swatches in, I would like to access all of the TPX swatches in the same way that the coated and uncoated swatches are available in the swatch library - here is a screen shot to illustrate:

I found that Pantone sells a CD of TPX swatches PANTONE® USA | Shop All Pantone Products, but I am curious to know if there is an alternative (free) option.

Unless you can find a way to convert an ASE file to an Adobe Color Book File, you might have a hard time with it. There’s probably a work around, but you wouldn’t have the search functionality of the Pantone Books, for example.

Looks like this guy broke it down, with some heavy coding knowledge. But there’s a link at the bottom to send him an email to create a custom book for you. Probably not for free though. But I suspect cheaper than learning the programming language to write the file.

http://magnetiq.com/acb-spec/

We have that pantone disc here at work, although i dont think ever installed it. I usually don’t need to have accurate pantone representations digitally, although i keep meaning to use the disk, i have no idea how much it cost.

Cost of Doing Business. Going to have to buy and take the tax write off.

Yeah, it’s only $50. If it’s that important to you, and will improve your work flow, I’d just pony up for it.

I know this is an old thread, but:

you can convert TP to any of the other color guides. I am using it right now.

Dunno how this old thread came up, but I just had the same issue last week. I dint have link handy but if you google around for “tpx Pantone adobe illustrator” you can find done free swatch palettes to download. They show up like the coated/uncoated ones with numbers and all.

R

also to add, if you have the disc, go ahead and install it. It will put an AI file called PANTONE f + h cotton TCX.AI on your computer. Mine is located at “C:\Program Files (x86)\PANTONE FASHION + HOME digital libraries\PANTONE f + h cotton TCX\Application Support Files\Adobe\Illustrator” (win 7). I dont know if you can explore the disc to find the file. If you copy that file to your adobe swatches folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS5\Presets\en_US\Swatches\Default Swatches), you can access it from the default swatches panel just like you do with other color books.

i have a pantone tpx number with me. how do i get the color in photoshop 7. is it possible?