Page 1 of 12

Sketch-Fu: Women's Footwear

Posted: October 24th, 2009, 10:49 am
by Sole Glo Joe
Hello All,

Can people post some of their women's heels marker (prisma) renderings. There aren't many references on the net, and the ones that are available aren't that good. Here are a few that my mentor, Shane Ward did. I also attached a sketch page of mine but I'd rather see marker renderings.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Women's Heels Rendering

Posted: October 25th, 2009, 8:09 am
by yo
really like that first one! That is working nicely. All good stuff! Thanks for posting them.

Re: Women's Heels Rendering

Posted: November 3rd, 2009, 1:06 pm
by Sole Glo Joe
Since no one contributed I decided to throw together a few. Feedback?

Image

Image

Image

Re: Women's Heels Rendering

Posted: November 4th, 2009, 11:24 am
by shoenista
Excellent work!

My main comment is that you got the proportion correct, this is vitally important, especially as one often works with factories where they cheat and take the standard directly off your sketch when cutting patterns, meaning if your proportions are out, then the pattern will be out.

So, I have no criticism to make, only 'keep up the good work'.


If you want to see nice hand renders in marker, then I really recommend this blog, http://naliniarora.com/blog/

I don't do colour marker renders myself, if I'm going to use color then it's when I go to cad. Which is a shame really.

Re: Women's Heels Rendering

Posted: November 5th, 2009, 9:07 am
by dziner82
shoenista wrote:
If you want to see nice hand renders in marker, then I really recommend this blog, http://naliniarora.com/blog/
Nice blog! i only skimmed through it but it looked interesting. Have to give you props shoenista for not only holding down the womens side of things here at core77, but the non-athletic side as well!

Also Sole Glo, those rendering are really nice, def keep it up. This womens stuff looks much better than your b-ball stuff, just has more style and flavor.

Re: Women's Heels Rendering

Posted: November 5th, 2009, 1:04 pm
by Sole Glo Joe
dziner82 wrote: Also Sole Glo, those rendering are really nice, def keep it up. This womens stuff looks much better than your b-ball stuff, just has more style and flavor.
That's mostly because all of my b-ball sketches/renderings are over 2 years old. The womens stuff was done a few weeks ago. I'm also a women's footwear designer. But thanks for the feedback, always good to get an un-biased opinion. Now I feel like I need to post a killer b-ball rendering haha.

I'll be back.

Re: Women's Heels Rendering

Posted: November 5th, 2009, 1:07 pm
by yo
Sole Glo Joe: good stuff.


Thanks for the link Shoenista, i thought these were pretty bananas!

Re: Women's (Footwear) Sketch-Fu

Posted: November 5th, 2009, 9:27 pm
by Sole Glo Joe
Thanks Yo.

C'mon people let's see some womens footwear renderings!

Image

Re: Sketch-Fu: Womens (Footwear)

Posted: November 6th, 2009, 2:58 am
by billymenut
Some of my old work.....

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Sketch-Fu: Womens (Footwear)

Posted: November 6th, 2009, 7:18 am
by ADD
billymenut : those are....HHHOTies
my first attempt ....

Re: Sketch-Fu: Womens (Footwear)

Posted: November 6th, 2009, 8:57 am
by Kershaw
Heres one I did over the summer on a Cintiq in SBPro...

Actually really enjoyed drawing it

Re: Sketch-Fu: Womens (Footwear)

Posted: November 6th, 2009, 9:32 am
by Sole Glo Joe
Great additions everyone.

I really like that Jimmy Choo concept Francisco. Thanks for commenting on my coroflot as well.

Keep 'em coming!

Re: Women's Heels Rendering

Posted: November 6th, 2009, 9:47 am
by dziner82
Sole Glo Joe wrote:
dziner82 wrote: Also Sole Glo, those rendering are really nice, def keep it up. This womens stuff looks much better than your b-ball stuff, just has more style and flavor.
That's mostly because all of my b-ball sketches/renderings are over 2 years old. The womens stuff was done a few weeks ago. I'm also a women's footwear designer. But thanks for the feedback, always good to get an un-biased opinion. Now I feel like I need to post a killer b-ball rendering haha.

I'll be back.

I was referring to that one you had in the other sketch-fu, i asssumed it was new, but that makes sense.

Here's my women's addition, I don't do too much of it and its usually not dress/tailored stuff.

Image

Image

Re: Sketch-Fu: Womens (Footwear)

Posted: November 6th, 2009, 9:54 am
by Sole Glo Joe
To dziner82:

Great stuff, did you do that in illustrator/photoshop and added textures or was that done in alias/rhino or some other 3d rendering software. It's crazy how much life texture can give a rendering.

Re: Sketch-Fu: Womens (Footwear)

Posted: November 6th, 2009, 11:40 am
by dziner82
Sole Glo Joe wrote:To dziner82:

Great stuff, did you do that in illustrator/photoshop and added textures or was that done in alias/rhino or some other 3d rendering software. It's crazy how much life texture can give a rendering.
Joe,
photoshop. Materials are scanned in from swatches. Not always as fast as other methods but helps to give me a better idea of what the shoe will look like before we make samples.