newbie critisism

Hello, I am a newbie here! I am ID student from Finland who like to get some feedback from you! Please check my corofolio from coroflot and give some critisism…

I really like the Kia car. I’d take the rest of the projects up to this level if possible. Not really feeling the shoes too much, seems very angry…the spilled-blood red is a little disturbing. I reallllly like the Kia car, nice models and style, wish you had more stuff like that. Good luck.

Agreed, the trans stuff showes a much higher leve of refinement as far as form and detailing.

The footwear is a great first step, you are begining to understand the shape of the foot, but i would challenge you to investigate the who, whats, and whys of your designs a bit more. Who is wearing this product? What functional and aesthetic needs/desires do they have? Why should they buy the product? The shark shoes need there proportions worked on. I would study some reall shoes, maybe some old trainers up and study how they are put together.

i went through the same stuff when I first started doing shoes. The biggest challenge about them, and the coolest part as well, is that they are dynamic objects, meaning that they flex, bend, compress, as well as adjust in fit to the wearer. Understanding this in product taskes some time.

Keep going dude!

I agree with all that is stated above. your shoe rendering isn’t at a level close to the automotive. I would like to see more of your automotive drawings. I think that would make it alot stronger. but i can understand why u might want to add shoes or something else to show your versitilities. but i think the shoes drawings works against tht. I will have to show the shark shoes to my lil bro when i get home…he would love them…

hey check out …i posted a automotive design contest that might be right up your alley, in design disc…

later,

Thanks a lot guys! I needed that :slight_smile:

I tryied to show my abilities in two ways showing two trans projects which took some time to make etc. and also very quick footwear ideas put on the paper. Those A3 footwear sketches are made in 15-20 minutes…just using the moment not making finished products. Also when I looked again those sketches they look a little bit aggressive and angry as someone mentioned…I agree…but sometimes you need to wake up people…

I will show later some more finished footwear/automotive concepts I have made…

Very good points!