Sketch-Fu: Men's Footwear

not my vid, hope this isn’t too off the topic, its kinda long at 9 mins (but you can speed up with the youtube player) but i always love seeing how people render, sketch, & think about what they are trying to communicate. i had co-worker that would do this for interns and no matter how many time i watched, it was always something to pickup from it!

can’t figure out how to embed…

[ Deleted ]

[ Deleted ]

Moch20 nice sketch

meds from a previous project:

Austin Jermacans
Jermacans@gmail.com
www.be.net/austinjermacans

[ Deleted ]

Good stuff everyone, nice to see this thread still going strong!

Skinny! Long time. Hope all is well.

cutting loose from sketching chairs to do a quick pencil and Photoshop boot sketch.

that is fun looking sketch!

Quick basketball shoe sketch I did today. Its been a minute since I posted here, and I see the thread is still going strong. :smiley:

Some additional colourways I was messing around with.

liking the gesture in that one!

Thanks Yo! appreciate it

Fresh, I liked the graphical break up so much I couldn’t help doing an iteration on it. Hope that is OK. You got me wanting to draw a shoe. :slight_smile:

No problem, it’s interesting to see another designers perspective on a sketch. You definitely took the design to a new place, which is cool how you made it translate to a wearable lifestyle. The pink looks dope and the exaggerated tongue adds more style. I envisioned it to be a more modern constructed basketball shoe with minimal sculpted tooling and a woven upper.

I might give it another pass to exaggerate it further. Just to see where it goes.

I felt like it deserved another shot.

Wow, that looks even better, I slightly refined mine yesterday for the allstar weekend in Toronto.

Very nice, that looks a lot tighter.

Quick Friday after work sketch… Letter jacket influenced Van…