Re: Suzuki Jimny

March 15th, 2019, 9:07 am

steppenwolf
step three
step three
rkuchinsky wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Look OK. But cheap cars drive cheap.

I'm guessing it is one of those things that is good from far, but far from good.

R
Richard, Jimny is a very good car for the main markets that is targeting. Japanese, Asian ones and in European as a rental car in southern countries (lot's of them). I rented once the last generation and went to isolated beaches where the access was difficult (rough gravel, steep uphills/downhills). But Jimny is superb as a off-roader and compact for the narrow streets in Asia and Europe.
On the tarmac though the story is different.
Japan actually kept more Jimnys than it intended once the demand exceeded their expectations.

Re: Suzuki Jimny

Today, 9:29 am

rkuchinsky
Coroflot: 33013
steppenwolf wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 9:07 am
rkuchinsky wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Look OK. But cheap cars drive cheap.

I'm guessing it is one of those things that is good from far, but far from good.

R
Richard, Jimny is a very good car for the main markets that is targeting. Japanese, Asian ones and in European as a rental car in southern countries (lot's of them). I rented once the last generation and went to isolated beaches where the access was difficult (rough gravel, steep uphills/downhills). But Jimny is superb as a off-roader and compact for the narrow streets in Asia and Europe.
On the tarmac though the story is different.
Japan actually kept more Jimnys than it intended once the demand exceeded their expectations.
I didn't question if it was popular or capable offload, but a good car? ie. one you'd actually want to own/drive.

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com