What is BMW doing?

Yah, those Lexus LS 400 F’s have come a long way! :smiley:

It’s worse than we all thought. They traded Toyota the Z4 design for Supra and BMW got a Corolla design for a 2 series in return.

What a piece of crap. I hope this was designed by AI or a pack of blind monkeys and no real designers were involved somehow.

R

Yikes. The 2 series was the only current BMW that I liked…

Big companies normally have an on-boarding process. Did they forget to tell these kids about the Hofmeister Kink?

I can’t figure out how to add emoji’s in the reply mode anymore, but thought this was really funny.

Hey Richard, you’ll love this even more.

Here’s more:

Don’t forget the overworked - Pep boys rear diffuser.

My eyes…the goggles do nothing!

I’ve been listening to interviews with music people saying that streaming drastically favors music for 13 year olds. I guess car design has gone the same way, although I don’t know any 13 year olds buying BMWs. Bring back the Doobie Brothers and the 2002 please!

What is BMW doing?

Quite obviously, afflicted with Horror Vacui - the fear of emptiness, of leaving something empty.

The good news here is as designers - there is going to clearly be a great market opportunity for someone who can build a bumper that looks like a real traditional M-car. Can probably even re-use old kidney grilles since the hood shut line is so far up.

that’s soooo much better

I have a transport design buddy that thinks millions could be made from selling bumpers for Lexus. One of us more entrepreneurial designers needs to make this happen quickly!

Car bra with proper sized grille printed on, anyone?

R

what could go wrong? :smiley:

And people always blame the Chinese for making bad copies…

Civic M3.jpg

Wow!

That is so much work to do for a $800 car.