Thinking of a new ride. Budget Edition 2.0

The Mazdas 3and Mazdaspeed 3 are nice in their hatch style from the outside, but the really left the interior pretty stark and sterile. I hope they did something with the new ones.

The new Mazda '3 looks really hot. But are those first pics renders or just PS enhanced
like crazy??? Look at the lines/shades around the front wheels compared in those 2 shots…

Concerning the Corolla S vs. Older Beemer question. Well I shouldn’t answer that as I am not impartial on that one.

Only so much: As you are part of a nation (or country (Texas?) that fought (and won) many wars over oil during the last
decades you should commit yourself to driving a car that honors the soldiers in guzzling the black stuff through big throaty V8, no???

IF a big rig Dodge is not your kind of designerly thing, at least get a nice Mustang or Camaro.

The Idea of compromising everything into a Corolla “S” sounds a little crazy to me. THAT would neither be fish nor fowl.
IF you want to do the Flanders get a Prius. IF you want to celebrate the dawning age of the car centered nation get a true
flame- breathing animal of a gearheads car.

mo-i

Not so fast mo-i. Did you know that for a small price increase, the S comes with a rear spoiler? And a chrome-tipped tail pipe? These things should add a good 100-200 hp to the 1.8L engine.

Joking aside, it’s true though. “Sport” editions of otherwise timid cars are rarely worth it. Go all out in one direction or the other.

Next Mazda2 unveiled.

Me likey. I’d still probably get a Fiat 500 Abarth.

I like their design language and the execution on the compact models,
but what the hell happened to the Miata?

Could Mazda come up with a cool logo once in their lifetime? Those nearly always
dragged the cars down.

U can’t unsee it:

Like the 60ies one much better:

My favorite Mazda logo is just the text.

The 1962 one is nice. I never understood the 90’s ones. I thought the new one was acceptable but the owl drawing is imprinted now :slight_smile:

I actually rather like the current Mazda logo. I think it is one of the more dynamic AND elegant automotive logo’s in the market today. And it still incorporates the abstract M shape quite well too. Luckily (and after checking a couple of times), I can unsee it. :slight_smile:

It’s a wankel! :smiley: Or if you read Wikipedia “The sun and the flame representing eternal passion”.

But I like to think it’s a homage to the rotary.

Oh, wow. I’m someone who knows a decent amount about cars and I know what a Wankel is and how it works, and I did not get that! Not to mention they use that in very few cars, do they still use it?

This is my favorite Mazda/rotor shaped logo

Yo,

They don’t any longer, the last car to get a rotary was the Rx-8, when it died so did the engine. (as far as I know, there still might be some Japanese car that I don’t know about)

That is cool. I’ve never seen that iteration.

It’s the logo for a short lived luxury brand that mazda had called Efini. The only reason I know about it is because I spent way too much time as a kid on rx-7 forums. At one point though mazda had a full brand portfolio though, which is a bit weird to think about these days.

I like the newer Mazda logo, a nice bird wing silhouette, almost like the stick figure version a kid could do with a crayon. It would be the ‘zoom zoom’ voice actor kid who drew it, of course. Plus, their car design fits the logo. They are doing some of the better design on the market right now, I wouldn’t mind one. I wouldn’t be safe in a fast car anyway. But then again I would be open to owning a new new beetle. =)

Now Chevy, they need to make their logo techier, symmetrical and less gold about 20 years ago…

ha ha - agreed . . .and that horizontal bar that divides the grille is often looking tired too.

I keep thinking to myself, “GM almost got it, what happened?”. So frustrating.

Absolutely. You can see their Furai concept in the logo, and vice versa. I really don’t mind it compared to a lot of others. This compared to Toyota? No comparison.

Another new Mazda introduced, the CX-3

seems like they are doing some nice stuff lately.