Mr-914
Thinking back to the Bob Lutz book, he says that real car enthusiasts are incredibly rare in the industry...
Ray Jepson

"The key to success in this business is to find a boss who doesn't care." - Mike Rowe
kawasa
yo wrote:Very cool find. I like this for 2 reasons:

1) It proves product is still king. A brand struggling to make a case for itself can become a class leader in relatively short period of time based on a pretty new product line. Hyundai has been steadily improving for more than a decade, but people really took notice since the last Sonata came out.

2) it gives me hope for Volkswagen. There CEO is a serious product dude. Not only does he walk the show, he does so with a tool to measure paint thickness. That is the kind of product obsessiveness a designer likes to see in a CEO. Hopefully this will scare the bejeezus out of him and he will use that to empower his teams to do better and hold them accountable.
Just saw this thread now and ^ I do agree with yo. It maybe true that some CEO doesn't care about their products but all they think about is how sales will go up and stuff like that. I do hope that VW would be better with what their CEO is doing along the way.