Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

Gotta love the aftermarket…

A few oldies spotted today

Chris: Thanks for posting some bad design. We have to be aware of the bad to recognize the great.

I feel like I had that same spoiler on a Pontiac Grand Am when I was 16…

The stance is strange with only one visible wheel, but the part line for the rear wheel is a nice techy shape and the dart of the rear window works well with the trunk line and badge.

Once the engine is running it’ll rise to normal height. Typical '60s Citroën Hydropneumatic behavior.

Didn’t know that! Nutty

That’s a 2021 model, right?

I didn’t know cars could have hemorrhoids. Noted.

Found a very rare set of stickers on a 2002 Cadillac

And a RHD Nissan with the hood-mounted mirrors

I think a found something. Saw this McLaren Senna S driving on my street. Didn’t know what it was, but looked kinda neat so snapped a pic (while my wife was annoyed for doing so). Googled a bit later and found out it’s $1.5M I think…

R

Richard. They made very few of those Sennas. That is a rare sighting!

Shields, that Nissan! Not everyday I see a pic of a car I’ve never seen before! Right hand driver so must be JDM…

Ayrton Senna is rolling in his grave…

I hope that car had been poorly repaired. The rear is OK, but the front and sides look like it has a Pep Boys (er…Canadian Tire?) body kit riveted on.

The Senna paint job is unique as far as I can tell. The yellow on the inner sides of the front fender things, underside of the wing, and on all the wacky vent bits… I did find one other photo of this car but it’s from a members-only site that seems to keep tabs on rare cars? Pretty strange.

I don’t know what it is or why it’s good, but I think it’s more than a paint job. Starts at $1M.

R

I remember reading about the McLaren Senna, but this is a hot mess. This is exactly why the Gordon Murray supercar is interesting. It’s kinda like rock & roll in the '70s. After years of pretentious prog rock, it needed a reset with punk. Supercars have become just silly (even if people buy them at record numbers). It needs a reset.

Oh of course- I’ve read about this car for a few years now. I meant that the paint job is unique even for such a rare car. Possibly from McLaren’s MSO Bespoke team.

It’s the difference between your basic, run of the mill hypercar:

And something a little more… more

This thing was in my neighborhood a few weeks back.

Meanwhile, Old School NE Portland: