joyride
step four
step four
Leave it to Chrysler to actually produce the Mediocrity...
simon_four_fingers
full self-realization
full self-realization
joyride wrote:Leave it to Chrysler to actually produce the Mediocrity...

It's a Mopar or No car bud.

j/k
summerdan wrote:At the famous designer's design, and see more of open the book thinking, read some books are always didn't harm
Come on I believe that you can
mo-i
full self-realization
full self-realization
Chrysler brand CEO Olivier Francois, who found time to quote the entire opening lyrics from Eminem's song "Lose Yourself" in a thick French accent (not kidding), told the sizable crowd at the Detroit Auto Show that the company invested a jaw-dropping $1 billion on the redesign.
The Detroit News got the full coverage:
http://www.detnews.com/section/videonet ... 4402117001

As a two time Lancia (Delta) Owner and general car geek I still hope everything turns out good. (Mirracle?)
In terms of content for the money and technical backbone this car looks competitive, nevertheless.

mo-i
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde
yo
Administration
Administration
Coroflot: 67242
Having spent some more time with the images, I have to say it doesn't seem as successful visually as the last car. Still want to check one out in person to see....
mo-i
full self-realization
full self-realization
mo-i wrote:The front fascia is much weaker than the original one. The new Chrysler Grille and Logo are almost a template giving the car a "no brand" face.
mo-i
Fortunately it didn't take someone in Detroit more than a year to find out the same. They just took the "Mesh-Grille", that had been aftermarket for so many years to dress up the luxury versions for 2012.

And there are two new ads out, that I find rather nice. The first one to a John Lee Hooker tune, the second one ending rather hmmm. I don't know if it is a complement. Personally I fear the building in the background doesn't elevate the car...

Watch it for yourself:

You know, who did that building. If not, have a guess.

mo-i

P.S.: The first cars have really arrived as Lancia Themas around here. Major, major mistake.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde
dziner82
step four
step four
I have to say that when i first saw the images i also felt it was really bland. but i had an eye opening experience... on my drive home there is an older model and a brand new one that seem to be parked next to each other in the lot by themselves every day, and when i see them i think the new one is so much nicer. In contrast the proportions on the old one just look crude and cartoonish and the new one looks so much more refined.

Given the car should look good on its own and not have to sit next to 'the old model' but i have to assume the designers looked at it that way hundreds of times, and to me in that respect it looks nice.
Mr-914
mo-i: I told you they will have other grilles eventually. Nice car. Everything the 300 should be. My only beef is that they should show it driving in Brampton, Ontario, where the car is made;)
Ray Jepson

"The key to success in this business is to find a boss who doesn't care." - Mike Rowe
Lmo
Personally I fear the building in the background doesn't elevate the car...
The Affleck House in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, Frank Lloyd Wright, 1940.

Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards