Pretty cars

i’d kill someone to own that car. :open_mouth:

uh… for the record, I don’t own one… don’t kill me.

I see a trend with regards to what we call a pretty car:

1. Little amount of chrome.
  2. Overall simple form.

hmmm. I think it’s also interesting how the Corvair and that Alfa are nearly identical from the front, just with the proportions tweaked. The Corvair being a little chopped and longer.

I always loved the Countach…the earlier versions without the wings.
Never seen this proto. Thanks you for that. It is maybe even more restrained and alien.

Love it

Saw this one at a car show Jaguar D type.

the bird cage

sketch

motion

Still

Nobody’s mentioned the Goddess yet? I’ve lusted for one ever since seeing a black-over-burgundy later model in front of a club in Nottingham… Headlights turned and everything. I. Will. Own. One. Someday.

Gray would better match my Dr. Evil wardrobe, though.

Gorgeous, I agree, the DS is one of the most unconventional and pretty cars ever made. Can’t believe I/others overlooked it.

Nice! It’s on my list as well, though practically-speaking service parts/ make it pretty much a fantasy…

R

Mazda
20071017124140!Mazda-rx7-1st-generation01.jpg

You shouldn’t have posted that Zune in this thread.
Know this ?:

Immitation is not flattery but cheating.

You, ehh talkn tu me? (Rober DeNiro’s voice)

Nice use of the word zune.

wow, never noticed/thought of that comparison between the RX7 and the 924 (both cars I don’t really like that much).

Also got to say the Mazda Spirit thing (first I’ve seen of it) also looks a bit derivative. A bit Ferrari Dina/E-type/Alfa/ with the side sculpting of a T-bird or mustang perhaps. Still, looks pretty decent, but the originals seem more pure and better resolved.

R

I like the use of Zune too. Even if it isn’t in the dictionary yet;)

Richard: Mazda tried to hire Butzi Porsche out of retirement to design the RX-7s. Butzi chose retirement, but the company went on to make a very 924 looking car.

When comparing similarities to the 924, I believe the more similar one is this RX-7 from the late 80’s … not the earlier model.

:)ensen.

I like the use of Zune too. Even if it isn’t in the dictionary yet;)

Thank You ! It would be quite the achievement to get it there. (; )

These are not as pretty as most of the other cars (except the mkiii supra).

All are doppelgangers, to the fc.
1990zr1redcropped.jpg

92rear.jpg

My all time favorite car is the 2002tii hands down. This car has so much history behind it and has inspired and set the trend for BMW’s design and performance standards.

This '74 2002tii has been lowered a bit and has some more recent e30 basketweaves on it, either way I love the 2002! The 73s and before had the beloved roundies.

I think there is a difference between classically beautiful, and things we just like.

There are some “beautiful” cars I would not want, and there are some ugly ducklings I love. It is hard to pull back from it though.

There are some “beautiful” cars I would not want, and there are > some ugly ducklings I love. >

D’oh! Now you’ve torn it… . . :wink:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.