So, which car?

love the datsun 510.

the old toyota supra was neat in the techno-80s sort of japanese cool. the p-types, not the l-type. i likes the fender flares and angular shape. i found one locally owned by the original owner. i thought about getting it. my wife said no.

The new Yaris is nice, but I prefer its predecessor. The new looks great in photos and more contemporary details, but it feels too large in person. There was something quirky and cute that got lost during the weight gain.

I love the 2003-2005 Range Rover:

TREE KILLER!

Just kidding, that thing is pretty awesome.

i also really like a lot of these ear cars, esp. the original civic. just the right amount of chrome detailing, no superfluous styling lines, and something overall in cars of this era and earlier that just seem less bloated. safety standards has a lot to do with it im sure, but still i just love how old cars seem to be much better human scaled than most new cars. for example, i saw an old (69 i think) 911 parked the other day beside a new 911, and the by size comparison the new one looked so puffy. guess cars nowadays are just sized for the supersized people who drive them?

R

Okay okay, I’ll make up for it:

It is cool to see the Aptera in a street scene, it make you realize just how conservative most cars are, how we have been locked into the same form factor for about 80-10 years based packaging 4 adults and a combustion engine.

Ummm forgot about the Dyamaxion car by bucky fuller?.. Bucky got it all pretty much right, except for tail wheel steering that is.

i test drove both 1-series bmws last nite. very cool. i can’t justify the price though. the performance is great but for 5-6k more you can move into the 3-series. bmw ‘gets it’ when it comes to a proper driver’s car, but there is too much electronic stuff that gets in the way a bit…besides price. the z4 coupe is probably the only bangle-era design i truly love. porsche has ‘it’ too, but that’s beyond my reach, also the practicality of their models is a stretch. i think mazda gets ‘it’ too, but oh how i hate FWD cars and their interiors are a little busy.

Kung Fu Jesus,

You’re right about the Z4 Coupe, but add an ///M. The Z4 M Coupe is my favorite car at this point in time.

Too bad she’s not practical when it comes to family time.

thanks for the correction. i love the 3-series wagons too. don’t have kids, but there’s something special about a manual transmission I6 RWD estate, like they offer. what kid wouldn’t love mom or dad hanging the ass out on the family car in a big, smokey, full-lock drift pulling into the school parking lot? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think we’re getting it here, but the 3-dr 1 series vaguely resembles a poor-man’s z4 coupe. Maybe nicer looking than the 1 coupe?!?

I didn’t forget about it at all. I simply didn’t count it.

Much nicer looking than the coupe in my opinion, this is the champ of the group, the sedan and hard top convertible being the weakest… but of course we won’t get it. There are about a dozen a3’s here in the parking deck, I’d think this would do pretty well (along with the a3 3 door which also doesn’t come here)

“hatchbacks don’t sell well in the us”

whenever that marketing dogma dies away, the hot euro hatch will be reborn. i think the bmw 318ti and the MB c-class hatch are good examples of this. oh, and the audi quattro coupe of the early 90’s. people in the US don’t buy hatches in that pricing segment.

i’m still surprised volvo is selling their new hatch here.

My all time favourite… The MK1 Golf

Courtesy: www.matey-matey.com

Others i’d love to own…

DeTomaso Pantera
Jaguar E-Type
Lambo Miura
F40
288/308 GTO
AC Cobra
Plymouth Barracuda
Dodge Challenger

A another picture of a stunning Golf!

Courtsey: www.vmax.dk

Volvo C30

Volvo XC70 All-Terrain

SAAB Aero X Concept

SAAB Turbo X

…spot a trend?

side note: if you are in LA/OC there is a free car show 7-9am each saturday at ford design center at alton and enterprise in irvine. it’s dubbed “cars & coffee”. i don’t think you can find a more interesting collection of rare and unique vehicles (including motorcycles) at a public gathering. it’s super chill.

This guy gets it! :slight_smile: Love that V70…