something a little different: Mr Black Coffee Liqueur

Yeah as Sanjay said it’s fast moving consumer goods, more easily defined by how quickly someone throws it away, as opposed to how long they chose to buy it :laughing: . We don’t really make much any more in Australia so while traditional design roles still exist, many designers wind up in FMCG.

It’s been a great journey so far but we still haven’t officially launched yet! For me, the alcohol category allows me to take my love for products-created-by-people-who-make-things to a wide audience. Packaged liquor is a funny beast though: from a brand point of view it’s more akin to fashion than consumer product. You are what you drink.

Not sure about the EU thing! We’ve got out sights set on the domestic market for now but liqueurs are traditionally very pop in the EU so it’s something we’d love to get into.

Unlike our lovely friends at Kahlua, Tia Maria, Patron etc. we use no artificial flavours or colours and it has no stablizers or anything to keep it crisp. The benefit of alcohol is it’s naturally a preservative so tends to keep things pretty fresh. Oxygen is the enemy of good coffee so we developed some really trick methods of deoxygenation to keep it all fresh from bean to bottle.