Newly Released Work (All Product Types)

Nice work Jim! Looking forward to seeing what comes out of the new gig!

I recently joined Osterhout Design group to bring some ID love to their glasses. I started a few months ago and came in very late on the R8 project. Some of the coolest technology i have ever worked with and think the design is headed in the right direction. Excited to show some accessory pieces I designed tomorrow at CES. Hoping to push the design language much further in 2017.

Aweome! Congrats. That is a very cool category to work in at the intersection of tech and lifestyle.

Thanks! Yeah really excited to be here for a new opportunity. Excited for 2017!

Here is a new line of HiFi car audio I did the initial theme sketch for. Ken Chae on my team really took it the rest of the long way to production. We vastly improved it together from the initial sketch along the way I think. I particularly like the white version which is supposed to be for boats but it would look pretty cool in the right car. The final product was launched last week at CES. The Polk MM1.

My latest and nearly last commercial furniture design for my current employer.

After 4 years in commercial furniture, I’m moving on to a small branding studio to do exhibition/signage and focus on more sustainable, small production, locally sourced timber furniture in my home workshop.

Have one more design coming after this, but it will be released after my departure.

The chair was designed to be as simple as possible to produce while meeting the needs for the increased demand for aged care suitable products. With an integrated leg/arm, the incidences of broken arms in aged care will be drastically reduced compared to bolt-on arms. The chair has also been designed to fit aesthetically in a waiting area, hospitality or home environment.

The table is comprised of two end A-frames which are connected via the rails using knock-down connectors. This means a 3.6m table can be easily transported through tight entryways and will also be a safer solution for our installers.

https://www.workspace.com.au/products/a-table/

https://www.workspace.com.au/products/a-chair/

nice Azrehan! and congrats on the new gig.

I worked on this over the summer, and it was just released at CES. A lot of the parts needed to be reused from the first Onewheel, but we managed to push through a bit of surfacing into the footpads and ends. There are a lot of serious technical improvements to the motor and electronics modules as well.

that’s cool. Do you ride one?

Cheers!

Looking forward to posting my first furniture piece made in my home workshop on here.

New tennis bags I designed last year have finally been released… Designed the footwear and shot the images… :sunglasses:

Women’s 12 pack…

Green & Black with hard molded sides.

Some initial ideation sketches…

nice functional consideration Jermain!

Thanks Michael,

I did some foam modeling and cardboard mockups as well to get the shape correct. As you know sometimes vendors have a hard time translating the tech packs so we sent them the foam models as well.

Nice!!!

That’s a great use of pink foam modeling! I love all the tennis bags I see on here. Great work!

Thanks Ray,

The production model is slightly modified from the first working samples. The separate locker style center pocket turned into a single zip and the thermal cooler on top turned into the footwear compartment. We also had a neoprene laptop sleeve next to the bottom center locker. However, the sleeve was to thin and really didn’t provide adequate protection. We had to engineer a few dollars out, life story for all of us I’m sure. Honestly, the center double locker is less functional but I still liked it for originality.

Very cool!