wood foam

i have a woodworkshop which generates lots of chaff … tell me how to put it to good use … one thing i have in mind is to create foam … what can be a good foaming agent for wood … ?

My full time job is in the lumber industry. Right now the only product besides particle board materials that are using wood by products is TREX and Profection deck boards. These use recycled plastics(garbage bags, milk jugs, etc.) A possible source might be www.thomasregister.com . They list many sources for different processes. Another source may be http://www.smooth-on.com/liqplas.htm . If you would like, e-mail me at netstep@ntsource.com . I will pass along some other sites that I have found while researching carbon fiber construction.
Otis52
pcg motorsports :open_mouth:

let me be more precise … i work in rubberwood lumbar boards , MDF , particle boards etc … all the shavings which used come out ,either i compacted them into nuggets or simply send them to people who make some baords out of them … now i have started storing them because somehow the idea of compacting things like wood shingles into baords was difficult to gulp in for me …when put togther they have this natural spingy feel… anyway … situation has bacome panicky for me now as my entire yard’s been taken up and its growing everyday into a potential fire hazard … still i just cant get myself to dispose it … i want to make some kind of foam out of it which i can use in packaging or perhaps mould them into soft toys …

one suggestion i have got is to use magnesium oxy chloride as a binder …i am not sure how effective this system is …but i am going into trials …

i wonder how effetive polyester or epoxy system will be … one i feel they might be toxic and second they wont be soft enough … letsee … will share the results …