The Materials Show

Hello Core77

I wanted to ask if any members had been to the Material show which is held in Portland and also in Wilmington,

https://americanevents.com

Just wanted to get some feedback to see if it was worth a visit.

thanks
hotmix6

I’ve been a few times. It is a great show. Lots of suppliers for materials and components.

It’s pretty helpful if you know what you’re looking for - comparable to the vendor sections that usually get shoved to the back corner of bigger trade shows but here they’re the majority.

I don’t know of that specific event but a hands-on experience with the materials, and seeing that list of attendees, I would definitely go.
Here in the Netherlands we don’t have dedicated shows of that scale, let alone the suppliers. They are in Germany, if anyone knows of something comparable I would like to know.

I am hearing different voices on which plastics are best to use. I would like to subscribe to a magazine or forum to keep in touch with developments in the plastics industry (+critical opinions on materials). If anyone has a recommendation, let me know!

I’ve been to both Portland and Wilmington - of you’re going to travel to one I would highly suggest Portland. Its a great show for footwear materials and finding new partners.

At minimum I make a day trip to the show in Wilmington every year - its about 1/3 the size of Portland with a much smaller group of vendors.