Coming Out Party

I’ve been posting anonymously up until now, so I suppose this is, as the subject announces, a coming out party.

I’m posing my website so I can get feedback on everything and anything. In the future I’d like to move on to larger scale, more complex projects with an emphasis in consumer research. I appreciate any time you can give me.

http://www.garrettsmithdesign.com

I like the tools, looks functional and thought through. Are those models or production samples? Your involvement is a bit unclear - did you only do the idea sketches, or did you develop form, tested ergonomics with models, CAD etc? Esp on the garlic keeper - the jump from the sketch to the final product is what we want to see…

Thanks for the fresh perspective. Everything on the site is in production. I actually did everything for all of the products shown, I didn’t realize how unclear that fact was.

Nice work Garrett. The products are great. I think it would be more clear that you were the sole designer if you post a little more process. I like how you have all the prints shown for theCupcake Creation Station. More of that kind of stuff. Showing a couple of quick CAD renders to show that there were steps you did in between the initial sketch and the final product would be great.

I like a nice simple site. Might be nice to tighten up the typography a notch and maybe get all of the pages to display text in black vs the stock html blue?

love the work garrett! typo on the sidebar though - corn DeSILKER!

Sweet stuff. The patterned ice cream scoop is definitely one of those times I just said, “Ahhhh why didn’t I think of that.” I want to see a pic of the Ice Cream though.

Thank you for the feedback, it’s really helped me out. I’ve been chipping away at it since I first posted, so check it out if you want to see the progress - http://www.garrettsmithdesign.com.

robertcj: I have your Cuts+More scissors, I use them all the time. I checked out your Soft Grip Rotary Cutters, Fiskars by Colin Roberts at Coroflot.com, they look great. Nice balance, really nice tone of grey with the soft white and orange accents.

yo: I went with Helvetica Neue for the font. It definitely feels much better, much cleaner and lighter.

Any more thoughts are welcome!