Eco-Friendly Fiberglass Resin??????

Just wondering if anyone knows of such a thing and better yet, where I could pick some up??? Ideally someplace like Menards or Home Depot :laughing:

Are you talking about insulating fiber glass or structural? I believe that there is an insulating product on the market called greensulate. But I am not sure where it is sold.

I am actually looking for the same thing. I need it for structural purposes and non insulating. will this resin work for structural fiberglass?

Ok lets get the fur out of our eyes…Resin is a binder that holds the structrual fibers in a fixed postion. The strenth of resin as well as its other mechaincal properties are tied to the reinforcing resin, in a nutshell the stronger your fiber the stronger your resin should be. Ok, a green resin, heck if you dont need much strenth use sugar, heat the shit up and pour it on your glass and it will harden, wont be very strong because of the mechanical strenth of the “resin” is way way lower than the glass. Very few laminating resins are recycleable, one they are catalized thats it brother they are set and will decompose about when a twinki in its wrapper does. There is some plant based resins, they contuine to play around with soy however most of them are thermo set, ie injected into a mold in a hot state not unlike abs or the like. It comes down to this, use as little resin as you can with a laminate that is appropriate for your product, but undersand that except for trees your laminate is NOT recycleable.

http://www.castingabout.co.uk/www.castingabout.co.uk/Eco-Resins.html

I am actually looking for the same thing. I need it for structural purposes and non insulating. will this resin work for structural fiberglass?