PRATT MID HELP

Let me tell you the truth dear,
It’s been almost two and half year at Pratt now, and this kind of complain is just another knick knack .
I haven’t seen the new chair person yet, and I have never heard anything in email about any meetings yet for us or for him.
Just leave the guy alone and give him some more time. He is probably as confused and stressed out as any new students in ID department.
The brain pounding noise from the construction is just another everyday thing in our campus. It is definitely annoying issue, but as time passes, this won’t bother you that much. What you need to care now is not about the quality of our campus but to finish your next assignment BETTER THAN ANYBODY–regardless of the noise level. If you can’t do your work at school, do somewhere else, seriously…
It’s almost 3AM and I am still up doing my school projects-which became my everyday schedule for last two years.
I hear the most complains from the students who sleep at 9PM and wake up 8PM who are living right next to the school.
Think about design 25 hours if you can. Put drawing pad near your bedstand incase you will wake up in the middle of night and need to sketch out that idea from your dream. It really takes more than “just do-it” to become a designer. You can’t expect Pratt to hand you the master’s degree and “walla~ the new designer is born”, which is just another myth of Brooklyn.
All those fancy ICFF and Brooklyn Design stuffs… who really cares. The goal should be set much higher than the school shows. And in this case, set your expectation beyond the campus and teachers. If you do, you will get paid in the future. Trust me.

PS: most of teachers in my program doesn’t even remember who I am, and the groupies didn’t really care about me from the start (well…I didn’t care about them either). I eventually learned that the initial starting point doesn’t come from the school. It must start from yourself. The construction noise or even fickle characters of people are just another simple noises in Life. Learn to cancel out the noises and filter what you need. This will be my last post here at Core77.com. I am no longer “New” Pratt Kid. It should be the other ones…like you. Good luck~