Young designer interested in visiting China

Everyone I know says that visiting China is one of the best things a young designer can do. Well, I’ve decided that I want to check it out. I’ve found a lot of information about booking a trip to all the tourist spots, and I plan on visiting many of them. However, I am also interested in taking tours of factories and maybe even some of the design schools.

I’d appreciate any travel tips or suggestions that anyone has to offer. However, I’m extremely interested in information regarding how to arrange a tour of the less conventional locations mentioned above.

Thanks,
Brent

hello,
it’s fred from Taipei,
feel free to contact with me, if you need any help on your trip to china : )

If you can speak chinese ,i think it is easy for you.
In my opinion,You can visit some big cities,Beijing,Shanghai ,Guangzhou,HK,Taipei,etc.
Have a good journey.

The big cities are great for experienceing the city life, but it you want to learn things, try the pearl river delta area and places like Shen Zheng.

I just posted a new thread for a factory tour in Guangdong at the end of October. It’s sponsored by the Industrial Designers Society of Hong Kong: http://www.idshk.org/
You might contact IDSHK to see if they can help you out.

You might also contact the Hong Kong Design Centre: http://www.hkdesigncentre.org/

Good luck, Brent and have fun. Be sure to post some notes about your experience. It would be great to find out how you do go about arranging tours and travel on your own.

maybe u should visit Dongguan in the pearl river delta.

MoGangShan RD,Shanghai,for the fashion designer.
Dongguan,Guangdong province,for the industry desiger.
Lijiang,Yunnan,for tourist and photographer.
I don’t know which domain you’re specialized.If you only want to visit factory,Shenzhen and Dongguan are the best choices for you.Any query you can contact me.

MoGangShan RD,Shanghai,for the fashion designer.
Dongguan,Guangdong province,for the industry desiger.
Lijiang,Yunnan,for tourist and photographer.
I don’t know which domain you’re specialized.If you only want to visit factory,Shenzhen and Dongguan are the best choices for you.Any query you can contact me.

If you come to visit Shanghai, welcome to contact with me . I am cell phone designer in the biggest domestic ODM company :slight_smile: thefirststep2000@hotmail.com