Yo-folio>> Updated

thanks! No one else caught that (that would tell me anyway, kind of like coming home at the end of the day to find your fly down, how long was it down, no way to know)

Yo, nice work with the website. I noticed some people tend to get to carried away with adding to many details to their site, but I believe the minimalist effect and simplicity of yours still gets the point across well. I also noticed you and your brother, I believe, use the same logo. Can you do this? Is this just a family thing? Just wondering. Also, it’s always nice that you can take the constructive critisim so well, it seems today everyone’s ego tend to get in the way and don’t take critiques so well.

Thanks.

On the logo, Idunno… I originally drew up the logo (which I admittedly aped from the N64 logo, cause I love N64… Mario Cart, c’mon!), and my kid brother “appropirated” it, which is cool with me, since we have kind of a collective brain… but do you think it is uncool to share the logo? We do have the same initials…

No, thats cool I guess with the logo. It seems as though you and your bro are both the creative types, so I just thought you two would have different approaches to the “individual” logo. I noticed yours was similar to the N64 logo like you said, but I just don’t feel like it’s giving off your true style that you show in all of your sketches/projects, thats all.

yo,

i’m not usually the type to criticise people.
but im afriad to say that you are a big big ‘wanker’…

sorry mate

thanks for the feedback.

i don’t like the way you have to scroll down and then scroll back up for the menu. i personally prefer portfolio sites where you just have to click around to see more, i find it less annoying for the eyes.

Yo - if you want to remedy this you could do it using frames I think…you could keep the menu stationary so that only the content scrolls…

Thanx. Good point. I’ll give it a try.

what the hell does that mean.

…I mean, what do you have to show. You’re right, you’re not one to criticise, you’re just one to look stupid with your lack a point on a post. your post is nothing but a waste of server space.

anyway, YO: what I like about your site, is that it exemplifies good design without relying on an overly done site. It’s simple, clean, and the content is quite beautiful.

what the hell does that mean.

…I mean, what do you have to show. You’re right, you’re not one to criticise, you’re just one to look stupid with your lack a point on a post. your post is nothing but a waste of server space.

anyway, YO: what I like about your site, is that it exemplifies good design without relying on an overly done site. It’s simple, clean, and the content is quite beautiful.

yo, the only thing your site exemplifies is that youre a big big wanker. [/b]

Thanks, good to know I’m hitting the mark. I wasn’t sure if it was clear enough that i was a big big wanker. Still waiting to see your work tri, please illuminate us to how it is done when you get a chance.

finally got a chance to update some projects in the products section and descriptions all around, and update the theme. I need to look into the frames thing as I thought that was a good sugestion. I’m slow on that stuff, but i thought that was a great point.

yo could you not just make your images fit onto an average size screen and then have like a “next” button to show more of the images that are in that category? i guess like a slideshow type layout.

i like the new menu style but the links “design” and “about” don’t actually seem like links (not to me anyway) probably because passing the mouse over them and the other links appearing underneath makes it seem like those are the only links…by mistake i clicked on the “about” and found you still had that page.

I could… if I was any good at this, I’m kind of figuring it out as I go along.

I don’t like sites where I have to click through blindly clicking a next button continually. Ideally I would have a page of thumbnails that could be enlarged… I’m working on it (every once in awhile anyway… you know, revisions come first :wink: )

Good callout on the Design and About links. Thanx.

Thats nice yo, you do great work. propers and dap!

Thanks man. Retouched for 06 with a tighter look (that works with some of your feedback… sorry Jelena no thumbmails yet…) and some new projects. I will be uploading some more in the next two months as a few things are about to launch.

http://michaeld2lo.spymac.com/

^md

BTW, tech vector, you got some heat on your site.

Yo-

site is looking best have seen it. like the simple header. menu is clean and work pops off the page. the new sketches and pics are working well.

Mm

added some small sketching tutorials: I want to build this section some more.

http://michaeld2lo.spymac.com/

Nice, I actually thought about doing the same with my still non-existant website. Good job though. You should try one that shows from thumbnails to finished hand drawing. Seems to be hard info to find for a lot of poeple. I went through a long period not knowing what was considered “good sketching” by consultant standards having never worked in one. Just something to show the new kids what the standard expectations of skill levels are from sketching to 3-d, including how long each should take.

great ideas. Any other suggestions for demo’s?